Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Life drawing is the way to go Swoop. Thanks for your kind words, I'm sure you'll get a lot out of the classes, you've got a pretty good head start as it is.

This one I had 20mins to do using chalks, no where near finished (why I need to practice more speed drawing). The original is slightly too big for my scanner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tonalise20min.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	36165  

Just wonderful paul. Very good.

Just some things here and there the image would look super. Take a look at the left arm (from our point of view), the upper arm looks too thin, a little bit bigger. And the breasts looks kinda disorted, but hey I'm no breast expert, no no

God work, keep it up

I tend not to go back to them once the session is over. It's like you have a set time to observe and draw what is there as it is and not an idealisation of how you think it should look. Getting it wrong is part of the learning process and sometimes you don't see it until you pull away or someone else makes an observation.

Thanks Lundek, points taken.

It's a daunting thing showing unfinished work but it's great to get other peoples input and you learn much more from sharing.

I just got some books on life drawing.. mostly croquis... hopefully that will get me worked up for doing quick little life drawings.. my main problem is always getting a simple likeness when drawing within a short timeframe.. hopefully this will help me :

Also got something kinda big comming up, so keep the speedpainting comming, while i dont have the big amount of time
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!
    " If nobodys talking to me, im talking to me" - Swoop

Reflection Design || Swoops Blog

2D Tutorials Compilation

The Speed Painting Thread || ((post your Concept Art thread))

Looking forward too the big suprise swoop

Here's some sort of clouds, I don't know, it didn't turned out well at all... 10 min in PS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clouds.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	36261  

Swoop, who or what is croquis?
    I'm not a great fan of life drawing books, they tend to sell a style along with method rather than encouraging the student to see what is in front of them, but some folk find them useful.

Don't worry about getting a likeness straight off, you're not there to do a portrait. Concentrate instead on the body, its weight, flow and relationship.

Don't be hard on yourself if your not happy with the drawings from your first session. A friend of mine (currently exhibiting in London's West End) who hadn't done any life drawing since college attended one of our sessions and declared his drawings as so bad that he would never do it again.

Lundek , aye clouds are tough but there's some nice stuff going on in your pic for a 10min colour jobby.

What if you try doing cloud formations on different layers and filter them to get a sense of distance? Also make sure that your sun beams are travelling in straight lines.

Thanks paul. Yes, what was I thinking when I drew the sun beams! Thanks for your crits. I'll post some clouds later.

Cheers

And i might get some time and do a little cloud tutorial hehe.. i found some pretty easy methods to do clouds which actually works pretty good

Paul: Yeah but really right now im just looking though them.. perhaps get some good tips from the books... Croquis is kinda life drawing extremely quickly. You get 2 - 10 mins to draw the model, and the weight is on drawing the figure, balance, curves ect.. no details really ...

Also i gotta find time to finish Drawing on the Right Side of your Brain ...

Welll ... gotta go to work.. btw i got hired to continue were i am... which i love since othervisei would be looking for new job at this time
    Swoop - Buzzed Pirate!
    " If nobodys talking to me, im talking to me" - Swoop

Reflection Design || Swoops Blog

2D Tutorials Compilation

The Speed Painting Thread || ((post your Concept Art thread))

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast