Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What causes a no default layout?

hey I am really nu to XSI just started working with it today, I put it on the puter this morning. I loaded it up and it gave me a message saying that I needed to raise my resolution, but it seemed to be working fine I started messing with some basic node stuff just to see what it could do. however when I got out and then tried to reopen the program it gave me the message about resolution and then gave me another about not having a default layout file. Is this something to do with a bad install? because I reinstalled and got the smae message box again. when i tried looking for it on my own i found ones that were labeled for different resolution that were higher... do I just need to get a higher vieo card to support? or am i missing something

I think it has to do with the resulotion :-) No really XSI needs to have a pretty High resultion. I dont remember wich one but try diffrent resulutions and start the program. I doubt your'e 3d card is that bad, maybe its your scree/monitor that cant handle the resulution.

ok, well I have been trying to run at 1024x768 at 32 bit i think.. Ill see what I can do. thanks for the responce

if i knew, i wouldn't have the problem ^_^ XSI doesn't like my comp running anything, so it doesn't matter. i just make a new layout each time, i can do it in about 2 minutes now.
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

The minimum resolution required is 1280x1024. Now there is a way to get around this and making a layout for 1024x768, however, if you are using any of the EXP versions, it is not possible for you to save the layout. What you need to do is find a layout that someone else has already done, and move the files to the appropriate directory in your filesystem.

alrighty i got it working at the lower resolution. thanks for all the help. now I just gotta work on gettin my star so i can learn how to use the program

Hi holycow,

I am using softimage/xsi 4 at resolution 1152 by 864. The problem is some of the buttons can't be seen in the lower left and right corners. I hope the button menus are like in max that can be panned. What can I do to remedy this?

Well, since you have version 4, and there is no trial version for that yet, i'm assuming you have the full retail version. So... you should just be able to go to Layout ~> Edit Layout Then move things around where you need them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help Holycow.

uh oh! im back... lol I reinstalled it cuz I had to uninstall it a while back and im back to my problem of before... I know last time I used a zipped file that just replaced all the current layout folders and then added in a bunch of new folders with the appropiate files. I think I got it from ed harris. However when I went to his site there wasnt anything of the sort anyone know where I can get something like that? cuz it seemed to work really well before, and I need something to suffice with having to work in 1024x768. any help is appreciated
    -=[Ghost]=-
    Im the one that you feel on the back of your neck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast