problem getting my wheels working

so ive followed along pretty closely with the video tutorial explaining how to get your own vehicle into the game. i am having a weird problem with the part of code that creates the wheels. as far as i know everything is fine, except for when i compile i get an error message:

ObjectProperty Engine.SVehicle.Wheels.Wheels: unresolved reference to 'ONSCar'RRWheel''

..if i change the ONSCar to something else, it gives me roughly the same error message but its an "unresolved cast" instead. the RRWheel, LRWheel, etc are all named correctly, so i assume it has something to do with the other part, the ONSCar part. ive watched the video several times but all they say to do is name it the same thing as your .U file, but i dont have that yet.

what is supposed to be in that spot? the name of a bone? the name of the car? please someone help. ive been working on this for days.
    Amateur map-maker...professional love-maker

heh, ive become one of those people who replies to their posts before other people do.

anyways, i think ive got the car ready to put in the game. i even added a vehiclefactory for it, so that i can use it in my own maps. i can see it fine in the editor, and I made the appropriate .uc files for the factory as well as the message. but it wont show up in the game. i cant seem to summon it either, but im not sure what the command is. my package is called "CarMod" and my .uc file is named "ONSCar"

shouldnt the message be: summon CarMod.ONSCar
    ???

yes, it should. try that with Onslaught.ONSRV, although itll place it at your current location... in other, words... splat. but after that, respawn, run over to it, and drive it. i believe its the scorpion, although it may be the hellbender. so that is the correct way of summoning it.

well, it be in the game. unfortunately, the tires dont spin or rotate, and my car is floating a few feet above the ground. ive tried translating the car through UnrealEd, but it doesnt seem to effect it. ive also tried moving it down in 3dsMax, but that didnt do it either. any thoughts?

ok here's a picture of what's going on. ive run out of ideas on how to get the car back on the ground. ive also got another problem...i cant get my texture to work. what line of my .uc file do i change so that it loads my texture?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floatingcar.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	29374  

try changing the wheel size its down in the default prop´s along with the texture lines, if unsure watch the vtm or check the other uc files hope this helps

thanks geodav. the wheel radius was the problem. i reduced it by half and now my car is on the ground.

does the RedSkin/Blueskin under default properties, have anything to do with changing the texture? i made it point to my texture, but the compile process just gave me errors.

make sure that you´ve change on that line shader to texture eg your texturepackage.texturename hope this helps

hmm i tried that with no success. i keep getting "unresolved references." my package is called "cartexture" and my texture itself is also "cartexture." so i put:

RedSkin=Shader'cartexture.cartexture'

but i get nothin. its quite odd.

Originally posted by JohnLaw
    hmm i tried that with no success. i keep getting "unresolved references." my package is called "cartexture" and my texture itself is also "cartexture." so i put:

but i get nothin. its quite odd.
    john change it from
    to
    RedSkin=texture'cartexture.cartexture'

puls you might have to change the package or texture name cos ued get its knickers in a twist if the names are the same or simualer. Geo