Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you very much, this might help me a lot in the future..
    Anyway, I tried to fix that Zone-hole and only got many Geometry holes, I think I messed it up (again...)

Right now I decided to finish everything else and the Zoning comes at last...

Lo_Ord
    Say no moa!

Sorry for that double-post, but I'm currently updating the map and:

Horraayyy, I found that problem! I spend 1 1/2 hours in optimizing the Geometry, cutting some things away etc.. Nothing helped. Until I finally realized that the only thing that caused these troubles was one stupid brush I added yesterday for that single face-down pyramid
    So it wasn't any Zoning-problem, it was just that single brush...

Anyway, I'm right now uploading the working version without Zoning, I'll do that tomorrow...

Lo_Ord
    Say no moa!

Well I gave the current version (whichever that is, after all those updates lol ) a little spin and I gotta say, I like it very much. I too had some things to say but nothing that hasn't been said already by SiGARMS.

One little bug to report though. The point where SiGARMS pointed out you could add a waterfall, outside where the water from the snake room flows to, the FluidSurface is sticking out from the wall, and the FluidSurface forming the flow in the middle is just a little too short, you can see the dented edge against the grating. See the SS for what I mean.

PG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot00154.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	29444  

looks very promising :-)

http://www.leveldesigner.com/index.p...ion=doc&ID=168

As SiG pointed out (nice comments again btw ) you should change the water textures a bit...they look a bit awkward...if you look at the link/tutorial above it will explain to you how to use a cubemap and a shader to create 1337 reflections in your water...you could also use this for the shader of yer pyramids

(btw : in that tutorial he's talking about photoshop to adjust the cubemap etc...well that aint necessary...check the comments for that )
    www.clandta.co.uk

Originally posted by Vesipiip
    As SiG pointed out (nice comments again btw ) you should change the water textures a bit...they look a bit awkward...if you look at the link/tutorial above it will explain to you how to use a cubemap and a shader to create 1337 reflections in your water...you could also use this for the shader of yer pyramids
    Thx, but I did that yesterday They are placeholders, since I'm going to change the lightening in the room, but it works fine to me now as it is.

And for the pyramids: They already use a shader I created with a modified cubemap from CTF-Face03..

Lo_Ord

P.S.: With these new shaders the filesize has grown to 11,5Mbs, but my ISP only allows 10Mb Space, so I'll have to find a new Webspacehoster
    Say no moa!

Use winrar to compress your map file. The rar will be 25% of the original file size. Very nice.

Pretty cool and ya you should post the map file.

Originally posted by Lo_Ord

Thx, but I did that yesterday They are placeholders, since I'm going to change the lightening in the room, but it works fine to me now as it is.

And for the pyramids: They already use a shader I created with a modified cubemap from CTF-Face03..

Lo_Ord

P.S.: With these new shaders the filesize has grown to 11,5Mbs, but my ISP only allows 10Mb Space, so I'll have to find a new Webspacehoster

well i meant that you could replace the cubemap with one of your own...might create a nice texture...anyway looking forward to some new screenshots of yer map
    www.clandta.co.uk

Originally posted by Vesipiip
    well i meant that you could replace the cubemap with one of your own...might create a nice texture...anyway looking forward to some new screenshots of yer map
    I still don't know if you mean the cubemap of the pyramids or the water... Anyway, I created both.

Here are some new pics, I finished all rooms but one...

1. Fixed the lightening in this room, I think it's going to stay as it is...

2. The Second room i finished, it similar to the room in the pic above except these light sources

3. The last room I finished today, even though I'm not really pleased with this design, I might change it again... This is the most annoying room to me, it was very hard to create (had some geometrical issues) and it's the worst one to decorate

4. Another pic of the annoying room... Looks a bit... strange imo, and the lightening doesn't fit...

Things I also did/fixed:
    • Fixed the direction of the water in the "canal"
    • Slowed down that little "river" in the cave a bit, but since the big fluidsurface is stretched the water seems to flow faster... Anyway, I will add a transition between the two river-surfaces, perhaps it looks better then
    • Added some selfmade watershaders in the room with the snakes, the fluidsurfaces reflection looks now way better... (couldn't take pics, theres no good angle to see the effect from...)
    • Fixed the Fluidsurface looking out of the wall at the part where the waterfall is still missing (I think you know where I mean )
    • Replaced the Skybox with a LowRes-Version (512x512 instead of 1024x1024), it looks uglier now but it saves a lot of Filesize so I can host it again on my ISP

Ok, what's next to do for me? Well, finish the last missing room, (and perhaps overwork the annoying one), then comes the outside... Then general bugfixing acording to your posts...Then comes Lightening, the actual shape of the temple, weapons, botpathing..... So, there's still a lot to do for me!

Anyway, I uploaded the newer Version, it's only ~7.07 Mbs now and hopefully worth the download.

Lo_Ord
    Last edited by Lo_Ord; 07-01-2004 at 07:25 PM.
    Say no moa!

In the room in shot 46 + 49, you could simply use a straight ramp and then a curved hallway, instead of a large curved (flat) staircase. It would eliminate the funny triangles on the slope, and prolly make it easier to add deco and stuff. I agree that that area looks a bit awkward. The current deco looks pretty good, specifically the anubite. Oh, by the way, at the top of the ramp, what did you end up doing with those two pools? Did you end up adding fountains?

Lastly, I hope you're not going to ultimately be limited by the size of your ISP's webspace. If you can, you should check out Unreal Playground I've heard they have some decent free map hosting. I dont know if there's a file size limit there. Hope all goes well with your final changes.

Also for extra space saving, make sure you cull any unused texture (texture browser). Also make sure you delete your construction areas, as well as anything else that's just extraneous, like brushes you cant see or that dont do anything. This doesn't mean delete half your map, it just means clean things up. Also, you can expect the size to increase even more if you've not yet placed pickups and bot paths. You can also try to compress any imported textures. However, compressing an imported texture that's in use will crash UEd, so dont do that. Good luck.
    Last edited by SiGARMS; 07-01-2004 at 07:50 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast