Need help making My Elevator!

Well my elevator goes through 5 stops(from starting point to end) and I am now wonder how do I make them stop for a couple seconds at each stop to let people off. I figured out how to make it go through all the keys but once it hits the key it just goes not the next without much of a stop.

So how do I do this? Do I have to use triggers or what?

Also does anyone know were I could find like a box mesh what looks like a electic box so and some cables for my elevator.
    Last edited by howser; 06-11-2004 at 10:30 PM.

Also I have a static mesh on the elevator but it does not move with the elevator how do I make it move with it?

To make the static mesh move along you would need to make it a mover too. Then under Movement -> attachtag, give it the same name as the elevator's Event -> tag. This will make sure that the attached mover will follow the elevator.

For maing it stop at different, i don't think it's possible how you set it up. You could set the mover up to have it move from key1 to key2 then use key3 to keep it at the same possition. This will make sure it pauses at key2 to key3, however you have 5 keyframes already while only 7 are avalable. So this wouldn't work for you. You could do it very complex and have another mover attached to this one with a certain delay So while the first mover goes to it's 7 keyframes the other mover does nothing, tehn after the delay the main mover would go through its keyframes and drag the other movers with him. This is very difficult though since it will ask a lot of from you in terms of timing etc.

Another way would be to make your mover move with matinee, drawback is that the attachtag wouldn't work this way. So you wouldn't be able to attach other movers to this one.

I now see what you're saying Mr S. Using key3 and setting it the same as key2 is the perfect way for making it pause. Although there are only 7 keyframes (well 8, 0-7) available using the right click method of adding keys, you can add more than 7 (255 I think) if you add the keys in the properties of the mover (under Mover>KeyNum).

So you could have:

Key1 - Ground floor
    Key2 - Level 1
    Key3 - Level 1
    Key4 - Level 2
    Key5 - Level 2
    Key6 - Level 3
    Key7 - Level 3
    Key8 - Level 4
    Key9 - Level 4
    Key10 - Level5
    Key11 - Level5

Or even add more keys at each level to make it pause there longer.

Sound plausable?

Ah, you can add additional key frames ? i Did not know that. But that certainly makes things easier indeed.

If you do, you can't right click the mover to change it's keyframe and position it where you want. You need to change Mover -> KeyNum in it's properties. So you need to set it to 1 and position the mover where you want, then change it to 2 and do the same, etc.

Yep that's the way.