Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Someone who is ripping off the map made in the UT2004 SE DVD VTM disc

When in doubt, upgrade!
    If it ain't broke, tweak it!!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Frauds like this will always be found out for how lame they are. People who can't create their own content will never be successful. I suggest we all have a good laugh at this loser and then get back to our own creative pursuits.
    Paul Holm
    Toronto

"The potato peelings in the sink, did not turn into vodka as I had hoped." - Mishka Shubaly

There are quite a few copies of this map out there. Over at Nalicity there are a handful of them that usually get panned, but some of the Authors give kudos to 3DBuzz for them.

I think of they pay tribute to 3DBuzz, and the contents of the VTM aren't the ENTIRE map (just a smaller piece of a much larger map), then personally, if it were my VTM, I wouldn't complain.

But blatantly ripping off the VTM as the entire map, and saying its yours... yeah, that's wrong.
    John
    --

How is that ripping of that 3dbuzz? Yes they did make it but they made it so other people would make it and learn from it. Like I looked and yes the layout is exactly the same but all the terrian is different it looked like he took time to make that.

I am proud to show of the one I made since I worked hard on it sure they showed me how to make it but It still too me a very long time to do it so I consider this not ripping it off I consider them just dling the map and calling it theres but this does not look like the case here.

its a tutorial map, so i would expect several version of it out there

let them learn, Im sure the 3dbuzz team knew this would happen

Yes, but to put it out there without credit to the origination of the map, that's not right. Not everybody has the DVD/SE version of UT2K4 or even heard of 3DBuzz, so they don't know where that map came from.
    John
    --

yeh....see, i dont mind when its up for download, and the author gives credit to 3dbuzz for the map, but it really irks me when no kudos is given

omg, its buzz's map with worse, reddish lighting.

I think enough people out there know that map now so whether they have the SE or not coz as has been pointed out there are plenty of other maps out there with a lot less changed than this one.

Still it is lame not giving props to BuZZ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast