Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face unusual request i know....

How can i lock my level so that other players cannot view it in the editor, this came to my attention when i found out numerous people have been investigating all my level secrets.

SOMEONE HAVE THE ANSWER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

You can't. You can prevent people from copying your maps BSP Brushes, but not prevent them from viewing your map. That I'm aware of.

ok well ive found away, you need to make a script where when someone opens your level it crashes it.

i havent tested it out yet..though someone made one for UT2k3 and it worked but im not sure if it works for UT2k4 ....

but if it does it would be great!

(btw do you mean you delete everything then save it withough rebuilding it?)

euh one other request music.........now i was hoping to use some of the great tracks but when i goto the music browser nothings there...i want this music to be heard everywhere at the same volume.... ive tried level properties but its just got the sound then the clear/use option..bust since the music browser doesnt work...i cannot use anything!

you can also select the stuff that you don't want to be seen in the ed and in thier advanced properties set bHiddenEd to true. and if you leave the rest of the map alone most people will think that all they see is all thats there.

Originally posted by Glarth
    you can also select the stuff that you don't want to be seen in the ed and in thier advanced properties set bHiddenEd to true. and if you leave the rest of the map alone most people will think that all they see is all thats there.
    Oh thats great thankyou! ive just tried it and it works great!

sure thing. i had thought of that a while back and it works great.

IIRC, if you select all your BSP Brushes and Delete them, then people won;'t be able to copy those Brushes. If you could get UEd to crash though that would definitely solve your problem, though it seems kinda drastic.

You could just make the file hidden in windows by setting hidden file property. Works for me everytime on another game
    Your life is lighter than a feather
    DOOM is upon you!!!

Originally posted by SniperFighter
    ok well ive found away, you need to make a script where when someone opens your level it crashes it.
    Uhm, this is against the law. When anybody uses the unreal engine to develop their own game, it's ok, since the game they make isn't meant to be compatible with the game the SDK came with. But if your level was meant to be compatible with the game that came with your SDK, you can't do this.

If this were not against the law, software developers around the world would prevent piracy by simple crashing the users computer if they ever tried to copy the game or other such piracy problems.

I think that is so dumb trying to lock your map. Like who cares if they find the secrets you not making any money of this map and hey I pretty sure you got ideas from some other map. It is the same as epic saying we will not give out are unrealEd or game engine in fear other people might steal are ideas.

I think it is dumb when you start locking stuff it ruins things I know back when I played w3 a person was so concered that people would steal his ideas he tryed to lock it by putting 10 billion object in his map so it would take like 5hours to load up that map and in the end the map was not playable since there was too much stuff on the map.

The bottom line though it should be against the law to lock your maps and stuff since you really do not own it too much since you made it using there program and you can not make any money of it so who cares.

God I wish people would open my map up since if they are willing to go look around your map for some stuff that means they really like it.

Heck most of the people get there ideas by going through other peoples work so in a way your stopping people from learning.
    Last edited by howser; 05-30-2004 at 04:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast