Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: demo help...

demo help...

hey, ive just found out how to record and view demo's with ut2004. and wondered if you can go into 3rd person, to see what your character is doing

ive tried typing behindview 1 in the console(while watching the demo) having played the game in 1st person, but no console commands do anything - as i expected

i could probably go and play the game in 3rd person, but i wondered if there is an easier way...

help?

I've been wondering about this myself..I make gaming movies and iT sucks that i can't catch different views of the same place in the demo..

I just do not see away it can be done without filming it in 3rd view since you have to think it is recording everything on your screen and when you go to 3rd person view it changes everything so I do not think it can just magicly change that.

So I think the only way to get it in 3rd person view is tape it in 3rd person.

actually, when i record an onslaught demo, then play it back, EVERYTHING is first-person, even the vehicles.

and no, it isnt "prerecorded", its just a list of coordinates for objects to move to. therefore, you can change to any camera view you want, and even move the camera around, during playback... that is, of course, if the game supports it, which ut2k4 does, apparently, not.

takes me forever to make it a .avi how about you
    I got some good pics on my home thing.

i guess for client side demos we'll have to wait to see if someone makes a script something like demomanager ,like the one in UT99 where you could go into float camera and 3rd person or 1st person cam..serverside demos you should be able to switch views..don't quote me on it cause i haven't tried it yet..
    i know 2k3 i could switch views on clientside and serverside..
    The game is still young..i'm sure someone will put something out..

also ..don't use the recorder in 2k4 to record your sections of the demo you want..right now i would say fraps is about the only thing that is any good since there is no movieunreal for this version..the recorder for 2k4 sucks on quality...fraps will record it faster..you can adjust the frame rate in premiere or whatever editing tool you use..

it would be sweet to go back to image series recording..
    the quality was 100% better..

I think u hav to press ALT and F1 or ALT F4

I tried that and no luck..

i think it's gonna have to be a mod thats made for this..i believe i heard a rumour about a movieunreal and a demo manager that was gonna be made for this version..i'll see if i can't find out anymore info on it..

Originally posted by SLT^Detonator
    I think u hav to press ALT and F1 or ALT F4
    oh gosh, not that stupid gag again... good thing he was in fullscreen so it didnt work...

are you thinking of alt4 thats the close gag not alt F4 i know that one..i'm no dummy lmao!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast