Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are doing. It is just that the camera will only see so far away straight ahead. After that it turns black. With distance fog in game this should not be noticeable. I could be wrong, but I made a huge ONS level and it looked like that in the editor viewport, but was fine in game.

Well the thing is I can not even find the base to start working on my map.

OK, NavigationPoint->JumpDest->JumpSpot->DestroyableObjective->OnsPowerCore->red or blue. The nodes are just below that. Hope that is what you were asking.

Here is a good tutorial for ONS maps:

http://www.unrealops.com/modules.php...content&id=144
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

OK, NavigationPoint->JumpDest->JumpSpot->DestroyableObjective->OnsPowerCore->red or blue. The nodes are just below that. Hope that is what you were asking.
    Nope I ment when you watched that video I made that how it starts up when I make my map that big and how it looks like that I could not even begin to make my map since when I look down I see nothing. It was not till like 4mins till It was half bareable.

My suggestion would be to do following.

If ya want a map that is that large.

Get your terrain done if ya are doing an outside map. you should be able to tell how terrain is doing by looking at terrain map, dont really need to see it in 3D. Can watch for geometry oddities while playtesting.

As far as having a map that is 200000 units in all 3 directions i dont think that is necessary unless you plan on having a space invasion map!!?!!

Look at any of the ons maps with aircraft in them the maps are not that tall.

After terrain generation split work area into 8192 uu blocks and detail from that

NOTE:: This is my opinion and opinions are like @55-holes, everybody's got one and most everyone's stinks to everyone else involved.
    Your life is lighter than a feather
    DOOM is upon you!!!

Here is a pic of the map I made. It is about 128000width by 128000breadth by 56000height. This map is vertically huge. I would have to agre with Straiver, you don't need a map as large as you are trying to make it, at least not height-wise. If you still want it that large, I see no reason why you can't make it so. Before you subtract though, I would move the builder brush up almost to the origin. That way your camera should be near the bottom and you can start building. Then you can marquee select everything and move it down later. Aside from that, it sounds like you will have to make a smaller subtraction.

edit: forgot pic, sorry.
    Last edited by ffejnosliw; 05-30-2004 at 12:27 AM.

If ya move the bottom of the map to the origin it will cause problems with the radar map, especially if it is that large

If ya do that you will have to change radar range manually I believe.

There is an old thread on here that tells how, have no clue what to look for though, forgot
    DOOM is upon you!!!

I was only saying to move the bottom to the origin for building purposes. Then to move it down afterwards.

Ahhh... Oops. Just call me the class monkey. I dance for peanuts

Does that work out okay, never tried that?
    DOOM is upon you!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast