Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok I have another question to but I did not feel like making a new topic for it.

So I just noticed in my side view and front view I got these lines what go through it the top one is blue and the bottom one is red. I never remember those so I think there new so how do I get rid of them?

Look at the post just above the one where you asked this question.
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

Cool that will help but how do I move the red and blue lines I seem to not be able to and also I been wondering what does the z do again when your scaleing it height or what?

Also for fluid suface props how do I make it not a straight line. Like I wan to have a river going right through the middle of my map and of course I want it to bend and curve so do I make it start and place it under or is there away of making it curse too?
    Last edited by howser; 05-28-2004 at 09:11 PM.

yes, x = in/out, y = right/left, and z = up/down... be warned, however, that in most 3d apps, maya included, x = right/left, y = up/down, and z = in/out.

also, just for reference ons-torlan is about 32,000 x 36,000.

Ok now that makes sense now I have another question I thought I knew what breadth was but now I am not too sure so can someone just tell me what it is so I know for sure.

Also does the editor have a size limit. Like I was trying around and I tryed to make a cube 200,000x200,000x200,000 and it did that but when I tyred to subtract it did not show up. Or sometimes it does show up but when I try to get outside the cube in dynamic view It seesm to follow me and I never can get out and also when I am moving in that view it goes so slow is there away to move faster in that view?
    Last edited by howser; 05-28-2004 at 09:56 PM.

Breadth= wide, width

I have the same problem making big maps on my old pc. On my new one it works just fine. You might need some more ram. Or try increasing your page file size it helped me out a little.
    BigOrSmallKillThemAll

Originally posted by howser
    Ok now that makes sense now I have another question I thought I knew what breadth was but now I am not too sure so can someone just tell me what it is so I know for sure.

Also does the editor have a size limit. Like I was trying around and I tryed to make a cube 200,000x200,000x200,000 and it did that but when I tyred to subtract it did not show up. Or sometimes it does show up but when I try to get outside the cube in dynamic view It seesm to follow me and I never can get out and also when I am moving in that view it goes so slow is there away to move faster in that view?
    did you use the scale brush or vertex edit tool ?
    dont for this size, in fact never scale

there is also a problem with making too large bsp surfaces in a way that the surface will start to tremble, it shakes when looked at from close by, so if you want this size youre better off making it with 8 smaller cubes for example
    other then that it should work fine

and there is a button on left toolbar at bottom that sets speed
    if you want more speed type in mode speed=256 in command bar of ued and youll be lightning fast
    Last edited by Hourences-2; 05-29-2004 at 11:21 AM.
    Hourences.com
    Portfolio - Books - Jobs - Textures - News

map size

i dont remember were i saw it but some document siad even tho you can make a brush larger than 65536*3
    not to do it
    i have made a map that was 131072*131072*8192
    it was very slow but im still using an mx440 card

Breadth= wide, width

I have the same problem making big maps on my old pc. On my new one it works just fine. You might need some more ram. Or try increasing your page file size it helped me out a little.

Ok so I have 512mbs of ram and I rasied my page file size I going to try if it works.
    Also so I just want to get this straight

Why do we need to things what mean wide? like what is the point of it? I still not too clear about it.

quote:Originally posted by howser

Also what is the orginal speed of it after I change it?

did you use the scale brush or vertex edit tool ?
    dont for this size, in fact never scale

there is also a problem with making too large bsp surfaces in a way that the surface will start to tremble, it shakes when looked at from close by, so if you want this size youre better off making it with 8 smaller cubes for example
    other then that it should work fine

and there is a button on left toolbar at bottom that sets speed
    if you want more speed type in mode speed=256 in command bar of ued and youll be lightning fast

I think I scaled brushed if that means just going to the the cube builder and putting those numbers in then thats what I did.

Ok I tryed that way with the black box thing and it seems to work ok so I got these numbers 130673height and 185172 and 188181 and I guessing it does not matter which ones is which? but when I did this I got a box twice the size of the orginal cube. This was dawn by the way but I might go with these number still what do you guys think?

Edit

Ok I redid the numbers and got it to almost extact 132583x128519x127824. but I can not do anything in my editor for some reason it is so strange like I can not do much I am making a video right now I hope someone can help me.
    Last edited by howser; 05-29-2004 at 04:06 PM.

Ok I now have the video done it is like 4mins long and I have 2 version of it 1 is compressed and the other is not. So try the compressed one and for some reason that does not work try the non compressed one.

I think it is prob me but I do not know what I am doing wrong and how it is now I can not work like that.

So I hope someone can help me on this one here because I really want to get going and start making ons maps since that the whole point I started map making just to make ons maps.

Compressed version
    32.mbs length over 4mins long

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...7638CAEC0637B9

Uncompressed Version
    162mbs length over 4mins long

I am just uploading them to a site now will be up very soon.

Edit

Uncompressed is now rdy to be dled.
    Last edited by howser; 05-29-2004 at 05:15 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast