Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WIP: Audi TT Spline Modelling

Hey, I've tried before to make a car... and well... always got very frustrated, but I am finding this spline modelling method very easy and quick... here's a very early shot of what I have so far...

*note* - the window details and stuff were quickly put in but not saved.... I just wanted to make sure that when it's time to do all the details that they would work out properly, they are not there anymore because I had to convert it to Editable Poly to put them in... and obviously that isn't conceivable when I'm not done the complete body of the car.... but it looks like it is going to go fairly smoothly when I get to that point, and the creases were modelled as well though

I know there's not much to comment on... but if you want to it'd be very welcomed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof_area_start.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	27771  

That's looking pretty good, keep at it!

Trunk is starting to take a bit more shape..., and some more playing around with creases

Name:	roof-trunk-back.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	27823  

The front

I plan on having the trunk completed by tonight, as well as the taillight, portion under the taillight, side windows, and the top edge of the door that butts up against the roof... which would leave the main body parts

Name:	roof-windshield-front.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	27824  

Looks good... I just started to model the exact same car a few days ago.. was gonna start a WIP thread too, but it looks like you beat me to it
    Im spline modeling, but it looks like I am going about it differently...
    im not sure if im gonna start a new thread or not now... urs is looking better, those creases are cool this is the first time ive done spline modeling, and modeled a car, so I dont realy know what Im doing...ive been running into alot of problems.

Name:	audi-tt spline.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	27830  
    Last edited by lsd299; 05-27-2004 at 09:15 PM.

I love the way yours is looking lsd299, check your PM

blah.... havin a bit of trouble with the license plate panel.... it always looks either too curvy or too square.... I'll work on it tomorrow lol... cause I don't feel like adding more splines tonight... I did get the rear part of the quarter done, and the taillight though ... I might leave the license panel for now..., and start on the quarter

looks good.

ok..., a small update..., I've messed around with the license panel a bit, and got it to a somewhat presentable position..., I'm still not happy with that area, just cause it's still a bit off in my eyes..., the quarter panel flare isn't finished yet either.... so it's a bit off as well..., I'm working on getting the thin flat piece of the body panel to work out properly between the taillight and the quarter panel flare

also, the big one...., the crease's are just quickly done, I know there's funny pinching and stuff..., that's cause I am not spending a ton of time on them right now, in fact I just quickly do them for the renders, and I will focus on doing them all in much higher quality when the body is completed

so, with knowing that.... I believe the rest of it is coming along well

Name:	back-taillight.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	27872  

Lookin good man, keep it up, i like your modelling

[Fantoms]WraithGuard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast