Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

My First Cool New Weapon Video

This gun picks up objects (Including other players) holds and throws them. Its pretty cool, I watched the VTMs for Karma and UScript and I tried this out. Wanted to create a level with a bunch of objects where you can throw everyting at each other to kill each other. What do you this of this weapon??
    Movies are in DivX. Right click and Save As or else wait to download and watch.

http://s87052472.onlinehome.us/linktest.avi (high quality)

http://s87052472.onlinehome.us/test.avi (low quality)

This is also posted in Karma forum but applies to both. The code is really messy at this point but I wanna know if its worth fixing up. I will post code if people want too. What do you think??

Thats very cool! It reminds me of the demo video for Half Life 2 where they were picking everything up. The only problem is that karma doesnt seem to cause damage (or that I have found to) so at present you can only kill people by picking them up and causing falling damage.

If you could get the karma objects to cause damage when they hit it would be perfect.

Thats what i want to do, so dammit ill find a way.

lol thats cool man.

What are you throwing around though? Meshes or just special actors? Would it mess up maps by letting you grab meshes or what?

Be kinda lame to grab a leviathan with it and run around real fast with it too lol, get on a manta and carry the lev away rofl.
    UT2k4 Vehicles WIP
    Crits Please

I limited it so you cannot throw vehicles. During some tests I realized that everything could be grabbed, including projectile shots, so I fixed it to limit only other players and Karma Actors, but not vehicles.

Hahaa - us UT modders will make HL2 look like peanut butter that stayed out too long in the sun

Maybe you could turn the actors to ragdolls and grab the nearest bone while the beam is on them - that would make it perfect - especially if you made the ragdolls twitch a lot :]

This looks like a sweet weapon. It steals HL2's thunder! I think it would be awesome if you could get meshes to cause damage. It could make for a fun map with lots of barrels and people throwing barrels at eachother and dodging, etc. Hope you put your weapon up for DL.

~IngeniousMask

Ive done it. Throwing objects now damages the players they hit. Everything is coming along, still a bit buggy but ill keep workin on it.

Sorry Just Cleaning Up My Dribble,

This weapons sounds fun!!
    As soon as I get the time I WILL download, ty very much dude!

Sweetness!!
    Imagine picking someone up in the high tower of ONS-Torlan.
    You gotta let me beta test it, you know?
    Don't mess with Buzz, kthx.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast