Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I've not tried this out yet or watched the videos but does this work in online play? From what I understand karma objects only get updated serverside? Have you added code for clientside?

I have not tried using the weapon online but if it does not work then that will be the next thing I will do.

I think the improved version is much cooler. Plus, the karma map is also very cool.

What I think would be cool now is if you made the beam a sort of semi tranparent gold colour. And the colour of the pipes on the linkgun when you weren't firing like shifted to green to blue to red to gold. And as I said, it is real easy to lose a lock on an object if you move it too quickly. I like the way the objects rotates, but maybe more quickly? Finally, I think a slightly bigger beam, perhaps twice as big?
    Why are you looking at me like that...?

Is there any way to alter dead bodies? I think it would be a lot of fun to increase the time dead bodies hang around, and allow them to be affected by this beam. Kill a guy, use the beam to pick up his corpse and toss it at the next guy, killing him as well.

wow, this is some really interesting stuff here. very versatile and powerful, as well as a fairly original concept in regards to unreal. I think that alongside your final product, a tutorial with a completely open set of code would be very helpful to fellow developers. good work!
    current work in progress:
    http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69112

any chance of a compiled version, just for us tards? ok, just me then

Here is the compiled .u file. Just add to system directory and ingame bring console window and type "summon linktest.linktestgunpickup". when u run out of ammo you can just type "allammo" in the console.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also wanted to ask if there was a preferred place to put the tutorial. here, on wiki, on that new community tutorial website advertised in a thread here, or host it myself??

Well from what I understand, you need to find a site to host the tutorial, I bet that Paragon would love to host it.

But whereever you host it, you can put a link to it here at 3DBuzz. If you are on the main 3DBuzz site, on your left below where it says: "Welcome back orighammer", there is a link for "Submit".

From there you can select 'tutorial' and fill out the appropriate information. This should get a link to it here. Where ever you wind up putting it, please post it in this thread too

Thanks,

G.D.
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

I've had a look at this "physics gun" and it is very interesting. However, the karma stuff dosen't seem to work properly for me

I would love to host your tutorial for you! Send it to: gowansf@yebo.co.za

I'll format it and stick it up on the community site (which will soon grow into something very big thanks to Knight99 ).
    Visit the Paragon Scripting Archives. It's not very big yet, but it's growing! Stop by and submit your own UScript tutorials!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast