Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    yea would be too powerfull of a weapon then . weapon also reminds me of force grip from jedi knight games
    Live If You Can, Die If You Must, But Always Fight with Honor

Lego Brick Builder Script v0.07 for 3DSMax 5, 6 & 7 - LINK FIXED

It occurs to me that you might want to put in some balancing factors to not make the weapon too powerful.

Perhaps, you could only throw a player a certain distance or lift them to a certain height, thereby limiting the amount of damage one 'attack' with the weapon would cause.

Maybe you could limit the 'mass' of an object that the weapon can throw for the same reason. Perhaps the alertnate fire of the weapon, could prevent you from being picked up by someone else using the weapon.

Have you thought of a name for it yet?

Here are some I came up with at work: (I'm gonna get fired):

The Chucking Flinger
    The Flinging Chucker
    The Chucker
    The Flinger
    The Toss Gun
    Hurler
    The Hurler
    The Heave Hoer
    Pitch’n Play
    Launcher
    Lobber
    The Yank and Throw
    The Cast Away
    The Throw’n Drop
    The Giant’s Hand
    The Cat's Paw
    The Squash Racket
    The P.U.T Gun (Pick Up and Toss)
    The P.U.D. Gun (Pick Up and Drop)
    The G.R.A.F.D. (Gravity Reduction Adhesive Flinging Device)
    The G.R.A.L.D. (as above but L = launching)
    The G.R.A.H.D. (as above but H = Hurling)
    The Hurl and Hurt (I keep editing this as I think of new ones)

Just some ideas

G.D.
    Last edited by general_disaray; 05-26-2004 at 04:26 PM.
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

make 3 versions then:
    1. Regular, "censored", powerless "cat's paw" (i like that name)
    2. "Uncensored" cat's paw, that can make players and bots numb and ragdolls when picking them up and can pick up heavier stuff
    3. SUPERWEAPON - can pick up everything, call it "Mech's Paw"

it's cool... but as I said you may want or even need to transfer it to the unreal engine 3 so you can acctually use it and all of it's benefits such as pipes that are made of something like rubber... and it can glow and pick up players and bots real-time with new karma physics, NO LIMITS...

You people are wierd. If you want these weapons code them yourself, when he/she posts the code.

Oooo...prettyful!

Please please pleeeaaase post the code, I really wanna see how this works!
    Why are you looking at me like that...?

he will release the code... chill out...

Edit:
    Xenon87: I don't know how he coded it so I want to see the difference in all versions... Then I will be able to customize it for myself... I make LAN parties and I want to restrict them but not like he said
    Last edited by XTra KrazzY; 05-27-2004 at 04:08 AM.

Here goes. This is the major problem (only one I know of). When an object is connected to the beam you can move it through world geometry. So you can grab something and put it through the floor. That does not cause an error, but if you put and object through the floor and release the game will crash. When I fix that I will post the code. Would be great if this were my full time job, but im not working on it 24/7. I work on it when I can. I promise (working or not) you will not have to wait long. Here is the gist of the code if anyone wants to know.

The other error is that you can pickup multiple objects and only 1 gets thrown. I will limit that to one, no biggy.

Here it is. Just remember. Its PRE-PRE-PRE-PRE-PRE BETA. It can cause game to crash but you can play around. I welcome what everyone has to say. Any question, ANY at all (how code works or anything) please ask and I will do my best to answer. I havent taken out linkguns other functionality, so you still can charge stuff up and primary fire is the same.

To add objects into level I recommend looking at the Karma section of the UT4 DVD. If you do not have it then you simple select a static mesh, and instead of adding a static mesh, use the ass Karma Actor option. You now how Karma properies, for a detailed description of what the different karma properties do in game you can go to http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/KarmaRe...eters_KParams_

Have Fun
    Attached Files Attached Files

By the way, after you compile it. In game you bring up console and "summon linktest.linktestgunpickup". Ammo will run out fast so do an "allammo" in console after you pick up the gun.

WOOHOO! First downloader!
    the game crashed about 5 times and i just started playing... maybe i will make a bug list... if you want of course...

Suggestion: make the beam karma'd and flexible also (just like the onslaught link gun repair that "sticks" to target and bends, never looked at the code). looks cooler, trust me oh and make it blue tinted just like in blue team repair.

BTW what is UT4 DVD? (is that ut2k4 dvd version special edition?)
    anyways, cool idea

darn, i was just making this, but you beat me to it. oh well.

great job, it was quite fun, until the bot got a hold of it, heh.
    Last edited by LancingFury; 05-27-2004 at 08:12 PM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast