Wilmington, NC: The Hollywood of the South

How do you make hi res textures in PS?

I have looked ALL over the internet and still have not found a single thing about how to make your own hi res textures in Photoshop. I know that you can just increase the resolution of the image but for me it makes it more pixelated. Is there another way?

-BMW

If you are using a low res image and wnat to make a hires tex out of it there is no "easy" way to do it - not even with Photoshop :P. All u can do is to scale it appropriately and then use this blurry image as a reference layer to apply all your PS-skill on to create a hires image that looks sweet. There are tutorials around on how to paint skin, hair or metal surfaces with PS.

you can save the texture out as a high res pic, and save as a gif if you going to that too there's a few tricks, and it's not easy too do but if your building it for scratch it can be done. Would you post a pic of your texture so i could see it? For futher help
    Last edited by animalpak69; 05-26-2004 at 02:55 PM.

Wilmington, NC: The Hollywood of the South

Looking for hi res textures

Originally posted by animalpak69
    you can save the texture out as a high res pic, and save as a gif if you going to that too there's a few tricks, and it's not easy too do but if your building it for scratch it can be done. Would you post a pic of your texture so i could see it? For futher help
    Here is a an ice texture I churned out in PS that I have been trying to make hi res but so far have been unsuccessful. It looks more like water to me instead of ice. You be the judge.

-BMW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice_texture.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	181.0 KB 
ID:	27806