Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

"First Character Model"- In progress.

Have reached the point on my first model to get some opinions going, feel free to tell me how bad it sucks, or if you have some advice to make it look better, that works to

Could i add spikes to his elbow pads and have them not bend or distort in UT?

This is not a finished model, but its getting there.

www.dustywusty.com/upload/DB2.jpg

www.dustywusty.com/upload/DB.JPG

-Buddikaman-

It is a relatively good model, but the arms need to be longer. What's the polycount so far?
    I don't get it.

It's really good but the arms should be a little bit bigger since the arms on a normal human expand almost to the knees.

Not that i know if short arms are what your'e looking for but it is that way it should be.

Well i also think the arms should be a bit longer. On a normal human the arms are about one hand away from the knies. wenn you don't know for sure just watch at your own body. it will help you get the main body shape right. for thye rest the character looks nice, but i think with the arms like this it looks a bit strange.
    Keep up the good work.

I think the strangeness Stig is referring to is that the arm you have there is the shape of a cone. A normal arm has a rather equalent thinkness until the elbow, where it gets thinner. Then on the lower arm it gets a bit thicker and then it gets slightly thinner again at the part where the arm stops and the hand begins.

It's all about anatomy, babe.
    I don't get it.

He might be wearing a armor.
    Think about that.
    It would explain the arm thickness.

LOL is my English this bad??
    No what i really ment is that the arm should be LONGER. because how it is moddeled looks great. and the things at the elbows are elbow ads if you look correctly. So that was'n't the main point i really ment that the arms should be lnger or is that wrong said in English???

Red face

Sorry, sorry. It was I who must've read your post a bit weird. I thought you thought it was both a bit short and strange, while you meant that the arm being short made it strange
    I don't get it.

No problem.
    and i ment elbow pads by the way, but you guys probably noticed that. But as i see we fully understand eachother now.

Well i didn't read your post.
    I missed it due to Windys post but i thoght you meant what he meant.
    Also if the arms were longer it would look really cool.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast