Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Places to buy systems

What's up all

I am planning on either building my system (workstation) from scratch or paying for one that is all set up and ready to. My experience in building computers is limited but I think I could figure out how. So I was wondering if you know of vendors with good warranties and tech support on their products, at affordable pricing. I am thinking of going with a AMD setup Dual processor, 1 G + DDram, Quadro 4 or wildcat card, DVD burner, SCSI +Raid drives.

I hear of people getting their systems from vendors that offer good pricing, warranties and support, and then that vendor goes under and the person is basically screwed. So I am looking for a vendor that is going to be around for a while.

Jammin

Take a look at: http://www.pricewatch.com/

There you will always find the lowest prices, but i'm not sure on the support/warranties some of the vendors there give.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/

Monarch Computers has a combo where you pick out what moboboard you want and processor and they test it there and put the processor and moboboard together and it wouldnt cost anymore then buying each of the parts seperate because the testing is free.

Thanx for the link I'll check it out

i usually build a computer at newegg.com

very reliable source.
    Forever always seems
    to be around when things begin
    but forever never seems
    to be around when things end...

I 2nd Monarchcomputers. They have great prices, good tech support and warranties. I bought my dual rig from them, not as a combo though and that was only because none of the combos offered the heatsink fan i wanted. Wothwhile checking out.

http://www.tcwo.com has cheap AMD AthlonXP OEM cpus (if ur looking into getting an AMD cpu). I've ordered many times from them, no problems. Tech support is also great. They had a free shipping promotional, but I guess it's over now.

Also be careful with purchasing stuff online. Pricewatch may show u cheap prices, but some of the stores are not reliable. Make sure you research the reseller first. You can check out reseller ratings and customer opinions at:
    http://www.resellerratings.com

directron.com

You won't believe how low their prices are and how many varities of products they have! I just found this site last night. It is the place where most resellers get their products from.

directron doesn't look cheap to me. Only looked at AMD parts though. XP1800 oem $110? Monarch is $82. The tyan S2640 is $199, accessmicro it's $155. I could show the same for all the AMD processors and dual boards. these prices aren't cheap, There MP prices aren't too bad but no way near the cheapest. Two MP1800's are $346. I just recently bought two from Monarch for $298 with 3 years warranty. Are you an employee Rival4H5?
    Last edited by mrmacca; 07-17-2002 at 07:47 PM.

Talking

No, I am not an employee of directron, but you are right about the processors not being cheap. I bought mine from Monarch, but most other things on directron are pretty cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast