Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    This s looking good but from what I saw in the in-game shot it looks like you need to work on the smoothing groups a bit...

Originally posted by CIpen
    The coding is getting bad, I'm starting to hate unreal....
    hey man, hang in there!
    Even if coding is your thing, you have a tough road ahead of you. I'm thinking about undertaking some stuff that will facilitate walking vehicles, extending arms and the like, although time is not on my side right now. Good luck and get some coders to help you out.
    current work in progress:
    http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69112

OK! Much improvement! It used to drive like the hovercraft now it's more like a tank! All I need to do now is match the animation with the vehicle moving!

Originally posted by CIpen
    Hey, none of you wouldn't happen to know some good debugging stuff when inside unreal? What I think I might need? Being able to see stuff like bones/collition boxxes/character placement/repulsors/...
    You'd want to try Wotgreal ... it's the best UScript development environment out there and also what you get with UDE3.0 today (well, the UDE version is a cut down version of Wotgreal retail ...)

Chris

I am really looking forward to you getting this working.

Its probably way too late in the development process for this suggestion, but what if it could jump like the manta only higher.

In The orginal Starship Troopers book, all of the troopers ran around in these huge mechanized suits which could jump super high. They carried small tactical nukes. Perhaps the suit could come with one Redmemer warhead and a minigun.

Anyway, just spouting off ideas. Feel free to shoot me down if you are too far into development

G.D.
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

A mojor change took place last night. I decided not to try to get the player in a turret attached to a vehicle that the player in the turret controls. It looks as though that happens in the tank but it doesn't, the player is always in the base(vehicle part). That would take to long, so I made a seat inbetween the legs for the player to sit. The first person in it will look really cool because the legs will be moving when the vehicle moves.

The good part is that I got in animating when it moves around, and not animating when your not moving(throttle==0).

The problem now is just that the feet go through the floor. I just need to tweek the repulsors/physics.

Here is a shot from inside. You can see the model needs work.

Ok, I've made a short video for you guys following this to see what it looks like in the game. You can get it here

Right-click
    Save as

Very cool.

The legs look really muscular, which strikes me as slightly odd for a mechanical walker.

i like that the person is slung under the 'waist' of the beast like, well... delicate bits that don't like to get kicked.

You mention this above, but the 1st person model needs work.

What ammo does it fire, and does it do any cushing damage with its big feet? I like the sparks when it walks. Do you think it should kick up dust too?

Also, and I mentioned this before, it would be cool if it could jump

G.D.
    Happy to be in the Maya Fundementals Class. Worth the wait, the effort, and more than worth the money. I've done a lot of VTMs; here and outside of 3dBuzz. I can say without a doubt that these VTMs are the best that I've seen. Great Job Guys, and Thank You!

Click here to check out DomeGI. Global Illumination for Maya made easy

A MOD Team I am on.

Ok that looks like it has turned out just fine.
    It would be even better if you could get some dust to get thrown up instead of sparks, cos wich dirt ground makes sparks when metal is thrown at it?

It looks very cool.

But im not so keen of the spark that come wenn it wallks it doesn't look right. I never saw spark coming from something that touches sand or grass. Wenn it would walk on a metal underground it would be cool. It also need some tweeking but i think you allready came this far it's easy for you 2 finish. Also the first person view need some work, because it's hard 2 drive a vehicle wenn moving like that beneith the legs. The rest looks awesome there are just some part that need some tweeks. Would be great 2 see it finished.
    Keep up the good work.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast