Problem getting Maya PLE to work with UN-ed

The DVD came with a version of the export plugin for maya version 4 but the version I got was 5...won't allow me to load plugin or autoload on start? any suggestions?

is there a fix to this or a newer version of the same plugin?
    Last edited by raelic; 05-04-2004 at 10:39 AM.

[Edit]
    DOH!! I just realized I made a mistake and gave you the link for ActorX and not the UnrealED Plugin that ships with UT2004. The ActorX plugin is about 200KBs while the UnrealED plugin is well over 6MB, I'll see what I can find...... [/Edit]
    The file you are looking for is at UDN

HERE

Look for he file called

ActorXTool_Maya50_230.zip Maya 5.0/5.0.1
    Last edited by Tedfs; 05-04-2004 at 06:07 AM.

Okay, here's what I found...

ActorX you can find all day long on the net, UnrealEd plugin for Maya 5PLE is another story. No where on the net available for download could I find the plugin installer that comes with UT2004. I have the 6 CD set and the 2 disc DVD SE and both versions of the UnrealEd plugin work just fine for me. Not sure how you ended up with an old version of the plugin on a brand new copy of UT2004.....

A couple things you could do,

1. Take the game back to where you bought it, they won't give you any money back but they will more than likely exchange your copy for another one (newer plugin...?)

2. Wait till someone releases this for download either alias or Epic....

Originally posted by Tedfs
    [Edit]
    DOH!! I just realized I made a mistake and gave you the link for ActorX and not the UnrealED Plugin that ships with UT2004. The ActorX plugin is about 200KBs while the UnrealED plugin is well over 6MB, I'll see what I can find...... [/Edit]
    The file you are looking for is at UDN

HERE

Look for he file called

ActorXTool_Maya50_230.zip Maya 5.0/5.0.1
    I don't think I have an older version...thats the thing...It doesn't take the plugin when I try to add it in maya under the plugin manager....see this thread I left in another forum....I left detailed messages I copied from Maya as to the "problems"....is there any support number I could call or email anyone?

http://forums.unrealplayground.com/s...ad.php?t=21636

Not sure if this will help but here goes...Just noticed I can't display Images in my post so a link will be provided at the end. Please note all of this info is installed by default in XP to C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\maya\5.0PLE\docs\UT2004 Help

Before you begin

Before you can use the UnrealĀ® Tournament 2004 Exporter, you need to load the Maya plug-in and understand how the exporter works.

Set up Maya

1. Start Maya Personal Learning Edition.
    2. Choose Window > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager.

3. Find unEditor.mll and check the Loaded checkbox. If you want the Unreal Editor to load every time you start Maya, check the Auto Load checkbox.
    4. In the Command line, enter the following and hit return on the number pad. source UT2004Export.mel

5. In the Command line, enter the following and hit return on the number pad. UT2004Export

This will build a shelf in Maya that will contain four icons which represent Static Mesh export, Skeletal Mesh export, Connecting to Unreal Editor and Releasing the Unreal Editor connection.

Here is a link to the

Before You Begin Page

Originally posted by Tedfs
    Not sure if this will help but here goes...Just noticed I can't display Images in my post so a link will be provided at the end. Please note all of this info is installed by default in XP to C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\maya\5.0PLE\docs\UT2004 Help

Before you begin

Before you can use the UnrealĀ® Tournament 2004 Exporter, you need to load the Maya plug-in and understand how the exporter works.

Set up Maya

1. Start Maya Personal Learning Edition.
    2. Choose Window > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager.

3. Find unEditor.mll and check the Loaded checkbox. If you want the Unreal Editor to load every time you start Maya, check the Auto Load checkbox.
    4. In the Command line, enter the following and hit return on the number pad. source UT2004Export.mel

5. In the Command line, enter the following and hit return on the number pad. UT2004Export

This will build a shelf in Maya that will contain four icons which represent Static Mesh export, Skeletal Mesh export, Connecting to Unreal Editor and Releasing the Unreal Editor connection.

Here is a link to the

Before You Begin Page
    they neglected to mention to copy the dll's to windows system directory and to copy some of the files from my documents to the maya directory....

I got it working by doing the above ....man they really make you work to get it working...LOL

thanks for the html but I already did all that before (have it on the dvd) but when I copied the dll's to the windows system directory it worked...go figure...oh well...now I have to figure out how to map the textures properly on my mesh before exportting...

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

Glad to see you got it working, sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm still a noob