Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Guys...I have tried to read through this to figure out what is does but I don't really understand. so what does this thing do?

If your using it to view textures and smeshes why not just use UDE? it allows you to view textures, smeshes and code in their packages and exports them too .

I guess I don't know what the purpose of this thing is for.

I'm sure odinfix will correct me on this, but anyway.

It contains (or will contain) a list of all the static meshes, textues etc, and each item has keywords assigned to them, so that the user of the program can search to find an item that fits the description, then the corresponding package can be opened in UED and the item inserted as per usual.

For example on creating a level with an egyptian theme, the user may wish to find a statue to use as a central piece. They would select the keywords Egypt and Statue and the Keyword Browser would find smeshs such as Anubis, pharohs, and sphinxs along with snakes and other egyptian statues that may exist in the different packages avaliable with the game.

Hope that helps it make a bit more sense.

EDIT: There was a thread a long time ago (2 weeks, maybe more) that this idea was discussed in to great depth.
    http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/unr_sh...threadid=65201
    and the original version of the browser:
    http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/unr_sh...threadid=66780
    Last edited by AlexCPU; 04-25-2004 at 05:10 PM.

I don't mean to be a pain but I have no idea which files to download. Is there a web site where the latest versions of the files can be found?
    You know you need some time away from 3D modeling when you see the world around you composed of simple primitive shapes

Originally posted by Viperz
    I don't mean to be a pain but I have no idea which files to download. Is there a web site where the latest versions of the files can be found?
    See the link in the first post of this thread.
    Last edited by odinfix; 05-27-2004 at 09:43 AM.

Have you added me to your MSN yet? I have webspace waiting to take the texture files.

Originally posted by ThunderCat
    Have you added me to your MSN yet? I have webspace waiting to take the texture files.
    I am at work still. If you PM me a time when you will be on MSN, I will look for you - but I don't generally use it unless I know someone will be online.

AlexCPU is hosting two of the texture packages, so I only need you to host the other two.

Also - I sent the packages to StevenHorton becuase he talked about putting them on an FTP for a day for you to grab - I know that would be quicker than MSN.

FTP would work for me and get round the time difference we have too..

I have a question, is anyone still using the keyword browser? I posted an updated DB with new keyword associations for 17 new packages, and so far only 8 downloads.

It's just that to finish all the keyword assignments by myself will probably take over 100 hours of my time, and if no one is using the app - I am starting to question why I would do it. I see many people have downloaded the program, but are people really using it - or just downloading to check it out?

Doing all the keywords alone is a tedious task, and I would like to know just how many poeple actually are using the program actively before I keep putting all my free time into this.

To those who wonder what the point is, why you don't view item in the editor. The problem is, you don't view just view item, you load them into memory. It's like shopping for groceries, odinfix's app is like looking at an item on the shelf, the editor only lets you view things you place in the cart; it occupies space in memory. Odinfix's app only requires memory for itself and the item you are viewing.

I disappeared for a bit, got the uncontrollable urge to work on a few maps and play with some ideas for a bit. I've done keywords for about a half dozen smesh packages (starting from the very end). I need to grab the newest DB and double check what I have done with the new DB, but I will post what I have or manage to finish by the end of the week.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast