Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sorry about the download error; long, discriptive file names had too many letters:P

StevenHorton, I am completely lost. Clicking on an image package on your page brings me to a BeyondUnreal page that says I need to go to a mirror site. The only mirror that works for me is the one in California, and I can't find anything on that site. Please help, as I can't find the images to download them.

odinfix, if you click the site name on the left you go to that site; click the download text on the left. Sorry about moving them, but I have a 250 meg monthly limit, and will be going on vacation. If I exceed the limit while I am gone, no one will be able to access them.

Originally posted by stevenhorton
    odinfix, if you click the site name on the left you go to that site; click the download text on the left. Sorry about moving them, but I have a 250 meg monthly limit, and will be going on vacation. If I exceed the limit while I am gone, no one will be able to access them.
    I click the word download and it takes me to the File Front main page, and I can't find a damn thing on those sites.

If you could find them and post the link to them, that would help - becuase I am absolutely lost on that sites main page. I registered, and I still can't find a damn thing.

Short and sweet: http://home.mchsi.com/~shane.horton/wsb/A-DESP_MS.rar
    You da man!!

I just reinstalled UnrealEdSearch, all available textures and the dadabase of meshes. I have been using Unreal since the original version. This program would have made life so much easier You must enter this in the MSU contest under tools!

I just reinstalled UnrealEdSearch, all available textures and the dadabase of meshes. I have been using Unreal since the original version. This program would have made life so much easier You must enter this in the MSU contest under tools!
    I want to, but every time I go to the site to register - it says Phase III has not started yet. But if you look at their legal page is says entries must be in by Feb of this year. I am sure the legal thing is outdated, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to register.

But if I do enter and win, you will definetly get a cut of the winnings for all the help.

I did have a thought on your images though - since cax6ton turned me on to the IrfanView application in the orignal Beta test thread, it occurred to me that we may be able to make the smesh images a bit larger, and if people want to conserve disc space they could use Irfan view to reduce them. Of course, this means more bandwidth to host them as well - so that's an issue. But if you have seen my texture images, they are decent size. I would not be opposed to any of your future smesh images being about the same size. But I leave it up to you, you have been a great help, and regardless of size, I can see your images clearly.

I also work at 1280 x 1024 resolution, so I realize that I have more desktop for the app to work with. Many people use lower resolutions and may not appreciate my texture previews sizes. But they can use IrfanView to reduce them. Anyway, thanks again for the help.

May 31st is the deadline for phase III. I think I would use all the time you have to continue polishing. I am very suprised there haven't been more downloads of this app so far; finding textures and meshes has got to be one of the top ten requests forums get for UT2003 and four.

May 31st is the deadline for phase III. I think I would use all the time you have to continue polishing. I am very suprised there haven't been more downloads of this app so far; finding textures and meshes has got to be one of the top ten requests forums get for UT2003 and four.
    Actually, the first version was downloaded by at least 50 people. And I know I need to keep polishing for the next month, but I also need help.

My next creation is a "Share Package" function. Instead of sending your Entire DB for someone to merge into theirs, when you probably have 80% all the same stuff. "Share Package" will allow you to export only certain packages into a merge file. Then the people merging can quickly import just those packages.

However, "Share Package" will require the person sharing to do a bit more work, selecting packages and waiting for the app to copy them to a new export file. That is the only downside, because the person sharing doesn't have anything to gain really, and I would be asking them to put in more time. While the person merging, who has everything to gain - saves time.

My other option, is to give the person merging the ability to select specific packages from the merge file to use, rather than merging everything. What do you think, which way would you go?

And for all your help - if you would like all the Texture images I have, tell PM me your windows Messenger name and I can send you them all for your personal use. When you have them all, looking for textures is so nice.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast