Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by robins80 View Post
    That does suck about .Net, especially as I am not sure what I have installed that may want the latest and greatest version.
    Not sure about Vista, but on XP as long as you have all of the .net packages from Microsoft installed, the app will choose the right package.

If it is telling you that it needs version 1.x then it may only need one little item out of that package and where the rest pulls from version 2 or higher. Depends on how the app is written.

Go to windows update or microsoft update and look through the optional downloads for any older .net packages or hot fixes.

Don't worry about it overwriting the newer ones, as they different .net versions install in their own folder so that they are separated from each other.

Also, I have noticed here as of late, that the C++ .net 2005 redist.. installs that come bundled as required items to install apps and games will cause some issues if you already have it installed. not sure what the actual issue is, but each time that happens to me, i uninstall this redist. and grab the one off of Microsoft's site. Again, I can't see any differences, but it happens. This is on XP pro 32 and 64 bit. Again, not sure about Vista.
    Last edited by rkg456; 01-25-2008 at 10:07 PM.

I did install the older version and everything works fine, aside from the three zip files that 7zip says were corrupted. I just thought one version would wipe out the other, which is usually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by rkg456 View Post
    What exactly is this app used for?

Maybe I missed a prior thread or something...
    Unreal got tons of models and textures and it can quickly become impossible to find the models/textures you need, unless you know just what they are call without having to browse though it all. The application makes it so you can attach search keywords to each element, so you can for example search for metal plate, and get all textures with metal plates. Makes it much easier, especially since not everything is named 'logical' in the filename.
    Also, the program shows images of the elements, so you can quickly see if thats what you need.

Unfortunally I got the same problem with three of the files, it keeps saying they are corrupted and can't unpack them, tried with WinRAR and 7-Zip, without any luck.
    Anders K. "McGreed" Nielsen
    Portfolio ¦ Array 3D for 3ds max ¦ Looking for work

Anyone who could share some working files of those who is corrupted? Its these three files that doesn't unpack:

G-L Textures.7z
    A-F Textures.7z
    Smesh Images.7z

Anyone who got it all installed, just zip those three folders with the same names as these files and put them up some where.

dude u resurrected a very old thread
    check out my new start up!
    www.wolvesvslions.com

I know but still relevant with Unreal editor 2. I thought it was a nifty tool.

I apologize for the long delay. I took me awhile to reset my password and I haven't been here in awhile. I have re-uploaded the corrupted files.

Here are the links again.

A-F Textures.7z
    G-L Textures.7z
    M-R Textures.7z
    S-Z Textures.7z
    Number Textures.7z
    Mesh Images.7z
    EdSearchData.7z
    keywordbrowserinstaller2.2.7z

-Cruce
    aCruceSalus aka Cruce
    It's old but still clocking away
    ASUS A8N-SLI Premium/Athlon 64 4400+ x2/OCZ 4x1GB DDR400
    GeForce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5/WD 1TB 7200rpm
    X-Fi Xtreme/Logitech G15/MX1000
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    a cruce salus - From the cross comes salvation.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627