Regarding Ut2k4 SE vtms

Hi, I just ordered my ut2004 SE and it will be with me tomorrow. Now i have been following the online course material for Ut2k3, I was wondering if there is a similar course structure for the ut2k4 vtms. I am aware that they use the same version of unrealed so i will try and follow the ut2k3 course using the ut2k4 vtms if there is no course structure for ut2k4.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

the training material on the ut2k4 dvd is immense.

with that said if you have worked on all of the unreal tournament 2003 vtms you would be best stuited to choose want you want to learn better.

i.e. you can start at learning maya and go through the rig/ animate a character.

or you can start at level design 101 and go for some INTENSE level design training ( 2 courses on that and some on static meshes ) and thiers weapondesign and unreal scripting.

bascially most of the mateiral is new and not from the 2003 with that said you can just start from the beginning as well ( thiers a webpage that it comes with that shows the vtms in a logical order from level design to importing a vechicle into unreal. ( including the whole process from modeling. )

Great . So the dvd content includes content on modelling for UT in Maya. That will be of great help because i have never ever used maya before, although i have the PLE installed with the ut plugin.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

Yea, I got my version of UT 2004 SE today. The videos are very nice shows alot of good stuff on it. Very useful good luck with them Very useful stuff.

I think i will be able to get a great deal out of them, compared to the written tutorials available on the internet. Its just nice to have some of these things explained to you in simple terms, and i have them to keep, so i can watch them over and over when i dont understand something. And then if there is something that the VTMS cant tell me i can always find my answer here.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP