Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

noob help-stars-activity level

ok, i understand the basic concept of gaining stars and activity in order to view content. How do I view my activity level and star level? I think I heard mention of a meter or something but I have no idea where it is? I'd like to know I'm making progress because there are some specific VTM's that I could definitely use to solve some specific problems I am having.

Thank you

You cant view them

You cant view the activity meter of yourself(or anyone else). IF you are awarded a star, i think that a star appears next to your name. As far as i can tell, you can only be awarded one star.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

start looks like this (above my name!)

jake.hall@gmail.com Got Xbox live? Add me. DuDeY109

Re: noob help-stars-activity level

Originally posted by kr33p
    How do I view my activity level and star level?
    There are only two levels, you either have a star or you don't. When you get the star it'll show as a little yellow star next to your nick when you post in the forums. There's no way to see how close or far are you on getting one, though. The idea about that is to motivate people to participate as much as they can/want and not do just the exact minimun needed to get the star, download everything and leave never to return until there's new stuff to download.
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

to be honest the olny reason i came here was to get vtms and now cause i like the pll here (all so kind and helpful) ive decided to stay and only downaloded a few vtms!!!

jake.hall@gmail.com Got Xbox live? Add me. DuDeY109

hrm... so we're at the mercy of the mods.

can anybody give me an estimate on how long it takes to get a star? I'm guessing I won't be downloading any vids anytime soon. bummer.

there is no meter.

you just have to be active, and people rather than computers will decide how active you are.
    visit my site:artellectual.com

No we can't tell you how long it takes. No there is no activity meter. Geez, these questions are asked daily, don't be supprised if it takes you longer to get a star now.

And yes we are at the mercy of the mods, so?
    (Retired)

I wouldnt call it the mercy of the mods, now would you?. Just try to think how much time and money and effort Buzz and his good friends have put into the training they offer for FREE. Now you come along, you need a VTM, thats respected, i need a VTM too, But why dont you just make an effort to get involved in the community like i am. Buzz does not want you to be given a star for the fact that you asked for one, and then you take the VTMs you need and forget about the community. Wake up and listen to the Mp3, you will find out how to get a star.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

hrm... so we're at the mercy of the mods.

can anybody give me an estimate on how long it takes to get a star? I'm guessing I won't be downloading any vids anytime soon. bummer.
    Nope... the mods can't give stars, only the crew can. The mods can PM sugestions to them, though. The estimate, well, there isn't one. There has been people that get a star within a week, there has been others that have been for a year and don't have one.

On the downloading videos part, though, you do realize there are over 50 hours of downloadable videos you don't need a star for?. The first VTMs for Max and Maya don't need a star. The online courses don't need one either (Max, Motionbuilder, Houdini.). If you do need a star right away, you can "buy" one by buying the best of buzz DVDs...
    "If you put together all the work I did on "Shrek", I would say I have spent more time promoting it in the last three days than I did actually working on it... When you compare that to the amount of work that the animators and producers put into it, I’m embarrassed to get all the attention and praise for it." - JOHN LITHGOW
    Visit my webpage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast