Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My First DM-Map

WoW nice map, but...

Couple of things you could do to develop this map a little.

1) This one is very important, When I tested the map using the translocator I found out that if you get to the top of the rockface you could see right through the map, and even jump into the walls, while I found this verry funny it would give players a sertain disadvantage because I could still shoot right through these walls and they can't.

2) When going into the large room I got stuck between a ledge which was pretty irritating with someone behide you firering missiles at you!!

3) The map isn't half bad but I'm still missing the essential details within the structure wich could make this a real expert map.

4) This is my opinion but lay off on some of the superweapons, this isn't a huge ONS map but a reasonably sized DM map.

Now the plus points:
    - Structure
    - Style
    - Position of the weapons
    - Feel

If you could look into the glitches and grafical design the map would be superb.
    This is really exellent for a first try

jippeee thank you i reall needed that.

the superweapons were just for fun and about the ledges yeah i know, btw if you jump on the roof of the outpost on the top of the mountain you can look inside the room very funny I'll look into it and thanks again for your compliment

about the ledge what exactly do you mean? one ofthe pillars or the wires(couldn't get the collision of 'em)

This is the legde I was talking about.
    It isn't a big deal but you should make the path a little less steep.

P.S.
    I moved the apple a little bit for the better view.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glitch.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	24063  
    Last edited by Melicous; 03-23-2004 at 04:42 PM.

hehe another one mentioned that too i'm curremtly unable to open unrealed but when i am i'll add a brush in there instead of the smesh

Hmm. What kind of system specs do you have Dr Proctor? I ask because..

I spawned and the map seemed sluggish. I walked through a door into a room. I went and stood on the BioRifle xWeaponBase and looked at the double light mesh hanging from the roof. Frame SAPPAGE. Ok so I opened the console and ran the "stat render" command.

Panning about very slowly around the area of that light mesh I see roughly.. 108,000 polygons! 135 Projectors! That does not include the Emitters or BSP and other counts.

It's chugging at 27-31 FPS. Dude your map looks quite nice but I didn't even bother going any further. I exited the game immediatly.

I hope this doesn't come across as just me whinging because the framerate sucks. My system is resonable, P2 2.4GHz CPU, 128MB 9800 Pro VGA Card, 1GB RAM, 800Mhz FSB, etc etc. If this map chokes my system, god help other poor guys with lesser systems.

Ok you need to either dececrease the amount of polys and such or do some GODLY optimization with Zones and AntiPortals here.

yes i know but at least its not the worst i've seen most official maps even require even more of your pc it depends on where i am but usually my fps is yellow(you know that stat fps numbers) its bad i tried zones but i got a "HoM" and i dont know why i'll try it again once i'm able to launch unrealed.

That's kind of odd. None of the default maps tax my system like that.

Well it's really your decision as to what you do or don;t do with your map but IMHO people who download lovely looking maps and discover they are just too laggy don;t even bother keeping them.

This map didnt seem to tax my system very much. It ran pretty much the same as normal maps. This was with 32 godlike bots i might add.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

mmm i'll take another good look at the zoning and add some antiportals and maybe delete some lights and projectors i'll post an update once i made enough upgrades to my map

ok i just cant get stuck behind the smesh but anyway progress is jammed due to amazingly dope gameplay experiences in UT2K4 will continue in a while after i saw the vtms and completed all the levels in UT2K4. Also if you want to play my level with a better fps you probably would try and play it in UT2K4 although the lighting is brighter (probably due to gamma settings) the high fps doesn't seem to effect the gameplay much in UT2K4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast