Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    well a few of us buzzers are writting a c++ course which we hope early modules will be available in the coming month,
    they will be text tutorials, and we aren't sure exactly where we will locate them but we want to run it like a class...

so maybe when thats finished, it could be an option for learning c++

member sponsor

I am really sorry Buzz that you have to deal with this, maybe with age comes maturity. I, for one, have learned more from you, for free, than I could ever dream about and I am very thankful for all you have done!!

westiemad Guest
    tsprague where you trying the general approach of sign up, rape buzz for everything he has, and then cancel again?

Its a shame there isn't a kind of virtual harddrive that you can view and watch the stuff, but not download it and its not in your temp internet files, maybe it would stop people trying it.

AnDy

ts, "loser" - that's all i can say.

On the site for more than a year and 4 post counts. that means u just started posting and then all u do is mocking.
    In fact no wonder that u didn't know it, because obviously u just came for the VTM's and haven't read a single sentence on the site.
    You also obciously didn't get the spirit. I'm not Buzz, but i wouldn't mind not seeing you anymore around here.
    Just my 2 cents.

"I took the red pill"
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police. - unknown
    Even monkeys fall from trees! - unknown

Seams there are so many people signing up for member sponser ship for all the wrong reasons nowadays.

A shame, once people signed up for it too help out the site. MS content was a bonus.

Now the only reason seams to be to get their greedy hands on more content as fast as they can. And the MS content seam to be a must. (Cause come on ,who wants to spent his/her time on a site with posting, right. )

MEMBER SPONSERSHIP IS FREE AND NOT REQUERED, IT'S MADE TO HELP OUT THE SITE, NOT TO HELP OUT YOURSELF.

A damn shame.

Calm Down, stop making yourself angry

I only been here for a day or so, but i respect what buzz is trying to do here. Your member sponsorship that you have paid, does not even have to be rewarded with anything, since it is a sponsor from you to buzz, to maintain the site. The fact that you do get extras for it is a bonus, but if you only paid the money to get the bonus, well i hardly consider that sponsoring. Well thats my two cents anyhow

I for one had no choice but to break. My hardware fried. It was just recent when I was able to buy a new comp. I came back and saw the star system. I though "What took you so long?" I mean, came on. Bandwidth is expensive. I, myself, will just be patient and wait to get my star.
    Achievment Unlocked - Heavy Forumer (50G): Ignore a great deal of work using Forums

Thumbs up Re: Calm Down, stop making yourself angry

Originally posted by Mnemonix666
    I only been here for a day or so, but i respect what buzz is trying to do here. Your member sponsorship that you have paid, does not even have to be rewarded with anything, since it is a sponsor from you to buzz, to maintain the site. The fact that you do get extras for it is a bonus, but if you only paid the money to get the bonus, well i hardly consider that sponsoring. Well thats my two cents anyhow
    If only all new members had your vision and understanding!
    Last edited by Jokkepito; 03-23-2004 at 08:26 AM.

I don't know why people are complaining about the so-called paying for C++ on this site. To me, this site is about 3D and learning 3D and the related software and creating a community. Programming was never tooted as being part of this site (as far as my take on this is). I don't know why some think that programming (other than the scripting etc that are in Maya, Houdini etc) was part of the free community. Not everyone has to pay the $35 (not everyone can afford it) but we are still able to access all the learning vtm's and converse with other members and take the classes (non-member classes). As was pointed out, the member fee was just to help out Buzz with the bandwidth etc and it's all voluntary. He decided to offer C++ as a thankyou. I never understood that C++ was a part of the free 3D community and I don't think it should be. There are other sites that strictly deal with programming languages and there are tons of tutorials out there (I found quite a few for Java and html). If you need a class setting, then take a night course at your local college or tech school.

I feel this is a 3D site and you have to draw the line as to what you are going to offer people. If you keep adding offshoots of this, ie programming, then it's going to be far too much for Buzz and crew to handle (as if they aren't over extended now) and the quality of 3D content may decline. Maybe I'm wrong with everything I've written here; but, I've never thought of programming as a main part of this community.

Sorry for this rant, but I am also tired of threads like this. It seems that people are still greedy and spoiled as ever; they want everything easy and free.

MD right now - hopefully someday, sunny FL!
    don't posts like these just make your gut wrench??? I mean literally...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast