Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Maybe I made a mistake in becoming a member sponsor

I like the idea of video training. Mostly I like being able to learn at my own pace. I learned alot from the Photoshop and Php training last year. This year I came back to pick up some C++ skills. Ok, it is not free any more. I need to be a "member sponsor" to get access to all the C++ videos. So I join up. But wait, I can only download the first sections. OK, but I thought I could do that anyway if I joined the class. But I don't really want to join the class. Why wasn't I told this before. I look in the forums and see other are also complaining about not getting to the lessons. I think I better try to get out of this deal. Hope I don't have to jump through too many hoops to get that done.

its a class. its free. thats the way it is. if u payed attention u wuda known man
    Intel Core i3 2120 running @ 3.30 Ghz && 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 1333Mhz && XFX Radeon HD 6850 @ 1920x1080 && 600w PSU && 2TB In-Case Storage (Boot drive: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD) && ASUS P8H77-V LE Mobo && ThermalTake Tsunami Dream Case && Black Widow Mechanical Keyboad && Thermaltake Black Gaming Mouse

Look again, in the same place it said member sponsor it ALSO said class.

rememer its just a donation... and once you do you assignments and stuff, you will get access to the next parts, in fact once you unlock 1, you get access to both 2 and 3...

its quiet clear in the download section you need to be a member sponser and in the class to get them.

Also your free to stop sponsership whenever you want, its a donation...

No even if it says class you still HAVE to be a sponsor to get the classes. Btw do i have to pay once and i can start taking the class or do i have to keep paying monthly for it because 35 bucks a mont JESUS CHRIST COME ON MMORPGs need more repait and addon and work then this site and they manage only 12 a month but ofcourse you HAVE to pay it
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."
    -The one and only Bruce Lee

its a sponsership to keep the site going.. to help out..

his not selling you something..

the members only stuff is like a thankyou for the help....

and yes it would be 35 a month

Nobody is asking you to pay, in fact we don't even ask for your money! Member sponsorship is designed for people who want to support the site, download servers, and bandwidth by paying $35/month to do so. If you don't want to, that's cool. Nobody is forcing you to. If you want to learn C++, then nothing is stopping you from buying a book, or searching google, there are TONS of amazing tutorials. If you make an uninformed decision, and decide to sponsor the site, then I'm sorry my friend, but that is your mistake. http://demondo.net/#7.00

The point of being a membersponser is to help donate to the site.

Buzz creates custom content for membersponsers only as a sign of thanks.

The classes are set up so that as you complete one section you will complete the next.

The maya TD and C++ course i think you have to take them 1 course at a time before you can download the next set of vtms ( similar to thier 3dsmax classes )

while this is tedius ( maybe you can program fine you just need to get a quick refresher and are unable to download the more advanced content ) it is probly just a safe guard so that people dont join just to download the new content and then leave.

Though i do as well wish that thier was a way to get all the content reguardless if you want to sign up for the class.

Because if your just wanting reference material or maybe a refresher and you have to sign up for the class it makes you do more work as well as makes the buzz staff have to grade your work before you can advance on.

But on a lighter note you should be able to work your way through each vtm pretty quick if your not entirely new to programming.

class? free? donation? sponsor?

Still looks like the old "bait and switch" to me.

Whoever said that the C++ VTM was free? And what is the big deal about being in the class? So you have to wait a couple days for your assignments to get graded. Then you move on, big deal! All that information was there for you when you signed up as a member sponsor, if you didn't bother to read about what you were paying for, thats your problem.

Originally posted by MadhatterJaKol
    No even if it says class you still HAVE to be a sponsor to get the classes. Btw do i have to pay once and i can start taking the class or do i have to keep paying monthly for it because 35 bucks a mont JESUS CHRIST COME ON MMORPGs need more repait and addon and work then this site and they manage only 12 a month but ofcourse you HAVE to pay it
    Alright, lets see you go out with a team of like, 4 people, create a website, learn about 30 different programs and programming languages, and then creat around 200 hours of content for said programs and programming languages. Then lets see you handle distributing this content to 100000+ people 100% out of your own pocket. Then come back and say that a MMORPG is more work then this site.
    Last edited by Gooms9; 03-22-2004 at 10:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast