Thread: "xPawns"

"xPawns"

Ok, I am trying to do a few things in the editor, I have made quite a few levels but now I am trying something a bit different. I want to pull specific Characters into a level. Now I have figured out a few of the skeletal mesh lines for specific characters but I was wondering if someone has or knows how to see each of them in the UnrealED.

Once you pull a pawn in the game the default one pops up either Jakob(2k4) or Jugg(2k3). I have figured out a few others including ===

SkeletalMesh'XanRobots.XanM03'

Any help for this would be appreciated. Either a list or how I can get the file open that holds all of these would be great, thx.

Some are ThunderCrash and Hellions...

Well yeah, I understand the basic concept is -

SkeletalMesh'Teamname.Character'

But some are very wierd type names such as

XanRobots.XanM03'

It's not as simple as

ThunderCrash.Malcolm
    or
    Mercs.Brock

They all have specific names and some are the same model with a different skin. I would just like to know how to get all of them into a level for various reasons and things im attempting to do.

I have heard that they are all in the UT2004/Systems/xplayersL1.upl and xplayersL2.upl files But I have not seen how to open that type of file to see their name so I can type it into the Mesh line so that it will display them. and there is no "search" thing for mesh's you have to type their name into the line as SkeletalMesh.

Anyway more help on it would be appreciated.

With a xpawn in your level, open the animations browser and search for the file where the character you want is (Juggs, Bot for Robots, HumanMale/Female, Aliens for Gen'mokais, etc). With the character selected go to properties>Display in the xpawn and change the Mesh he uses. Now the skin will look weird, open the textures browser and search for the skin that is specific for your model. Add the textures (body and head) in Display>Skins.

Note: although im talking about ut2k3 it might be the same for 2k4. When using custom animation, model and skin it'll appear correct in Ued but as the default jugg in the game. How to get around this i dont know.

Yes that does work in UT2004. Thanks a lot bud. I compiled a list of all the skeletalMesh's that go to each character and such. Thanks again for the help.