Angry Fog (no not a normal fog post)

Hey, i am working currently on a ONS map with a deep valley in the middle. It goes 45° cutting through the map. Well anyway, i wanted to know, i want to make it, so that you dont see the bottom of the valley, but at the same time that:
    1.) The fog moves around.
    2.) That the fog deforms if you fall into the valley. You know what i mean? thanks in advance

Fog

For Moving fog you probably need to use an emitter (or several). Regular distance fog won't do what you are asking. If it's a large area of fog you are wanting to create it may be performance prohibitive to use emitters. As far as making the fog envelope around something that falls into it, you may need to do some scripting for that.

Having never attempted this (and likely never will) I can't really give any more detail that this.

Indeed. Depending on how large your valley is will dictate how badly emitters will choke the performance of the map.

For your idea of swriling/interacting fog.. Try setting the UseActorForces to TRUE in your Emitters properties.

That's Emitter -> Emitters -> 0 -> MyLevelxxxemitter -> Force

I read somewhere that that was used for the old demo video of the rocket projectile cutting through the smoke (that was a cool vid).

souds great, yes it is a large vally since it is very wide and long, but i dont know how to script the fog

You probably don't need to script the fog itself as that is created with emitters. I was thinking the interaction with players to move the fog may have needed to be scripted but the UseActorForces to TRUE sounds like a much better idea if it works.

but another thing is that it would be kind of laggy when i do it with emitters, because its a very large area

You are correct, it would be very laggy

Yes, very laggy and it's probably not a good idea in the first place because of that. Maybe in 5 years we will be able to do awesome effects like that without having to worry about performance.

so i guess i will make it a normal sheet with distence fog then