Hybrid View

Question How to extract .usx , .utx packages

I looked all around but couldn´t figure out how to extract the content of these files.

Does someone know a tool or a way to solve this problem?

Explain "extract"...

Do you mean extracting all the images from a .utx package and extracting the meshes from a .usx package?

If so then I don't know any automated method of accomplishing this, however it is possible to manually extract them.

With texture packages you will have to export them 1 by 1 as .DDs files. If you want .bmp or such files you'll then have to convert the .DDs files using a 3rd party program.

For the StaticMesh packages it's a little more involved. First you will have to place a mesh in your map. Next rightclick it and convert it to the BuilderBrush. Once that's done you can export the brush as a .OBJ file that can be loaded into many different 3D editing programs.

Note however that some StaticMeshes will not convert to the BuilderBrush and during that process will cause UEd to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
    Explain "extract"...

For the StaticMesh packages it's a little more involved. First you will have to place a mesh in your map. Next rightclick it and convert it to the BuilderBrush. Once that's done you can export the brush as a .OBJ file that can be loaded into many different 3D editing programs.

Note however that some StaticMeshes will not convert to the BuilderBrush and during that process will cause UEd to crash.
    Ok man i added my model to the map.Then i rightclick it and then i go to convert and clicked To Brush.Then my model go from green to red (I am using Star Wars Republic commando Unreal Editor).So after that where i need to click so i can export to obj format?Please Help! :S

Thx, that was what I meant while using the term "extract". I wanted to get the files the packages contain using them as reference.

I put my mesh on my map.Then i right click it and clicked convert/brush.The mesh became red.After that where to find how to convert it to obj?Please help man...

open the u file in static mesh , texture , or animation tab in unrealed then save the package.