Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: star system

Does buzz hand out stars himself?

The crew probably help

I'm chuffed (pleased as punch)
    No, I havn't got a star yet but I have noticed the text below my login name (on the left there) has altered. It used to say junior member

but now I'm a member )
    Cool thanks he he.
    I joined at the beginning of this month so yes, I do realise that having a star is a long haul but I aint in it for that. Initially, maybe ,

but as I've perused this awesome forum and website I've realised that the important factor in my learning is communication. Not

just the questions I ask in the forum ( none yet but not long as I'm doing the 101 but reading the answers to other peoples

problems are educational. Also, I started gaming about 10 years ago (gasps), and online gaming when unreal tournament first came

out. Because I was considered a pretty awesome Insta player I was recruited by a clan and the community spirit was cool . The

clan dissolved and so did the community. very unhappy was I. Couple of years in University later and here I am, All grown up with

two kids, Wife, Morgage and still fraggin and still loving it. This community is one that I'm proud to be a part of again.

Thank you Buzz, Logan and angela for the excellent vtm's frontend audio ) me enjoy, Immense ()
    Thanks Rob and Zak (cool site but I get confused with my different entry points, my fault that tho lol)
    Not forgetting the moderators of this forum (I've only been in contact with Demondo and Ph0ny and their cool
    PS. erm I'm a dumbass and in my panic to obtain the vtm's with ut2k4 I've ordered 2 copies :/ with two different companies (yea I

know I could cancel one but hey, Im paranoid that if I cancel my overseas order my inland order may fail. Nooo I cannot chance this

so I'll let it go for what I get it for to members of this forum providing I get the two. )
    sorry for the rant but It's saturday, 3 days to go ) and I'm chuffed about the member thing

You wanna Then click it.

I don't mean to presume, but if your system is causing trouble for your senior members, it looks pretty grim for us newbies.

I am also disheartened by the casual way you refer to losing members.

I hope the system is still a work in progress because I really enjoyed the UT2003 VTMs I managed to see before the star system came into effect. Maybe I will understand it better after I have had time to learn more about it.

--L2S
    Last edited by lefty2shoes; 03-13-2004 at 06:04 PM.

lefty: Actually plenty of new members have joined the site and earned a star in a week, sometimes less. Other have joined the site, started spamming, and been banned. As for the casual attitude to losing members, well simply put the star system cut bandwidth by 97%! This means that BuZZ does NOT have to shut the site down due to how much it costs.

(Read: All he had was member sponsor income, no corporate sponsors are left outside of the renaissance center. And they only sponsor by letting BuZZ make his own schedule, not imposing hours on him.)

So yes, we might have lost a member or two, and it is unfortunate. But it would be MORE unfortunate to have lost all the members by the site closing.

I have no doubt there is good reasoning behind it. I find when you have judged someone or something harshly, you have probably judged hastily.

--L2S
    Last edited by lefty2shoes; 07-14-2004 at 05:03 PM.

Originally posted by Demondo
    lefty: Actually plenty of new members have joined the site and earned a star in a week, sometimes less. Other have joined the site, started spamming, and been banned. As for the casual attitude to losing members, well simply put the star system cut bandwidth by 97%! This means that BuZZ does NOT have to shut the site down due to how much it costs.

(Read: All he had was member sponsor income, no corporate sponsors are left outside of the renaissance center. And they only sponsor by letting BuZZ make his own schedule, not imposing hours on him.)

So yes, we might have lost a member or two, and it is unfortunate. But it would be MORE unfortunate to have lost all the members by the site closing.
    i agree, i cant imagine spending my personal money and time to educate others.....(mostly because im still a student in middle school..no income..T.T) its nice learning new knowledge though..thanks buzz

Just wondering, how long does it take to get a star? And if it's only Buzz that gives stars away shouldn't it take ages to give stars to all the new active members?

Just curious on how the "give away stars" system works...
    not whining, I have the patience to wait

Thanks

EDIT: Read that probably the crew helps Buzz, then I understand that the time reduces...
    Last edited by Lundek; 03-22-2004 at 12:57 PM.

GOD, if i see another star complaint thread im going to cry :'(. You all know why the star system is here, you all know pretty much how it works and what the situation is. Just live with it or go elsewhere. Sheesh! You want a star do you? well posting this isnt going to get you one rapid.

Your idea is dumb!

@njl - YEP

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast