Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

female character

im trying to go for the realistic look, but i cant get the hard shadow edge off even if i turn on shadow map on mental ray...any idea on how i can make it more realistic?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test2.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	22833  

good modelling, i would work on the eye. The bit in the corner, look like you have the technical ability so thatwouldnt be a problem.

I wouldnt recommend going for the realistic approach straight away, long days, long renders ... lots n lots of time.

But its always good to have a semi-realistic lighting setup. Head over to highend3d, for some GI scripts and 3d-palace for a tutorial on GI setup in maya and mental ray.

Personally if you can realistic renders, then briliant, cool, but i like a real stylish approach, know it may sound silly but i really like the hair, nice colours and its different to what ive seen.

keep us posted.
    site

insert witty comment here

Cool No expert

Well I'am not any kinda of anatomy expert. But to eye the eyes looks too big and nose is quite wide for a wemale nose and maybe the mouth also needs to be shrinken.
    (I'am never qoing to post my heads in the forums they don't come not even close to this)

Not bad hair does look fake.

Inspirational job, doremon!!

really nice work. how about another view.

I can almost see pores!

What me worry?

beside the eyes, that need some more work, I think that the nostrils are a little to big and the skin has reflection instead of specularity. I like the bump map on the lips.

thanks for the comment, i made some changes based on your suggestion here is what i have so far, i dont understand what phrenzy mean the corner of eye though , anyway i will leave her hair like that because i dont want to deal wiht the hair, that will take to long to render, im using this for an animation the current poly count and texture has high rendering time as it is so im ganna just go with this kind of hair for now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test3.9.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	22892  

Very good the only thing I would say is that the lips on her look abit to big. But I like the model great job keep up the good work.

Cheers hanley_michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast