Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To Buzz or Video Tutorial Creators.

Hey All,

I had been talking to a friend of mine about a small utility to actively show short keys etc. being used during tutorials and display them on the screen during video tutorials. This idea came to me after watching a few videos from 3D palace, and trying to figure out what was happening during the shortcut strokes.

Anyways, I talked to a friend of mine (a programmer) and he wrote this pretty nifty tool for me to do exactly this job. It works on WIN2K and XP. It has been distributed to a few people at 3D Palace and generally the feedback is very good.

I believe this tool enhances video tutorials by displaying any keys pressed during the tutorial. You can select where to display it on screen, colours, time on screen etc.

If there is any interest in such an app for the tutorials, I would be pleased to pass it on to anybody wanting it.

Just send me an email

Regards
    Rob

Interesting, I'd like to see it. demondo at 3dbuzz dot com Thanks.

Hey Mate,

CYM, sent you the latest version.

Let me know what you think

Regards
    Rob

awesome, we'd love to feature it on Inferno3d's VTS's ^_^
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

Pretty cool, and very well made. Good work for the coder.

I'd also be very interested in this one.. dan at kronholm dot org, or maybe you have it downloadable at some place?
    Dan 'pezz' Kronholm.
    Currently working on: The MMO class!.
    Previously working on: Game called "Boom Bots", while learning Unity and C#. WIP thread here.

Hey

Thanks Demondo for the positive feedback, I will pass it on to my friend. He will be happy to know people like it.

As for the other two requests for it above, I don't have it downloadable anywhere, but will be happy to email it to you when I get home, later tonight.

Regards
    Rob

I'll be more then happy to upload it somewhere, if that's OK with yourself and the coder.

well, most programs have nice printable sheets, you can always print one out and lay it next to you when you're using a program
    Don't shoot the messenger

Hey Demondo,

I would have no problem with you making it available, and neither would the coder. It was written for this type of community and environment. It would be a shame not to let those who want it, have it, especially if it enhances the tutorials or even just makes someones life a little easier.

Enjoy and regards
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast