Problems with loading my level

Hello all,

I'm having a problem loading my level into UT2004. The level loads on my PC but I can't seem to get it running on a friend's PC. From that point I tried it on another friend's PC and we didn't see the level right away but then scrolled down and saw it at the bottom of the list. Then I sent it to another friend of mine but he could not get it loaded either. I have named it properly and saved the level with the proper textures. Is there anything else that I am missing? Thanks in advance.

If ,in your level, you are using textures that do not come with the game. then that could be your problem. For the level to work all your friends MUST have all the packages that you have used.

EG Let's say that you have 10 new textures and you have them all in a package called MyTextures.utx. If the first friend has this package then he can play your level. But if the second friend does not have the new package then he cannot play it.

When you import your own things such as textures or static meshes. You should always import them into the package called mylevel. This is because the "MyLevel" package is saved along inside of the level.

Maybe you used textures from other levels not belonging to UT2004. Then your friends would need that other package too.

I hope this helps.
    WindyBut
    Intel i7 x5960 @ 4.6GHz (8 cores) | Asus Titan X x2 + MSI Titan X x2 | Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Quad Ram | 1 BuRay Writer | 4 x 1TB HD's | Asus PB287Q 4K Gaming Monitor + Dell 24" Monitor | 1500W PSU | 150 Mbps Internet with NTL | Win 10 64 | My Home Page

Thank you. That happened to be the problem. He has an older version of UT2004 and I have the newest game. He didn't have the textures that I had and thus, it wouldn't load. Thanks for your help.

And you can always check the log file. If the engine encounters problems such as missing packages, etc. It will be revealed in the log.

Tranz
    Vini, Vidi, Vici...