Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Hi, I have a totally newb question and Id rather look like an idiot and ask it than just give up on my project before I even start.

I had Maya PLE a year or two again and at the time the unreal export plugins werent out for that version of Maya. I now own the full version of Maya 7 and I just downloaded the Actor-X plugins for it and put them in my "Alias\Maya7.0\bin\plug-ins" Folder so its all good to go.. so heres my question.

How to I get the Actor X to show up in Maya so I can actually export my work? and is there anything I have to specificaly do to tailor it for UT2k4?

Im a bit weary about gettin back into Maya heavily before knowing that I for sure CAN (meaning im not too retarded to understand how to -_-) Export to UT. I spent alot of time making several models on the PLE editions only to find out after that I couldnt export them.

Any help with this would be great, im sure its a simple answer but I want to know all I can about it, Ty for your time

nvm, I figured it out >_>...

hello everyone

I was just wondering if actorx and max9 64bit works together.

I have 64bit OS and of course MAX is a Whinny b@#$@# when it comes down what OS its working on.

Anywho when I run Max I get ActorX not a compatible 32 bit program.

MAX 8 works great on 64 bit but the foos at UDN only gave out skeletons in max 9. for UT3

Seeing my contemp for max yet?
    or UDN not sure who to not-like more.

Quote Originally Posted by cannedmushrooms View Post
    hello everyone

I was just wondering if actorx and max9 64bit works together.

I have 64bit OS and of course MAX is a Whinny b@#$@# when it comes down what OS its working on.

Anywho when I run Max I get ActorX not a compatible 32 bit program.

MAX 8 works great on 64 bit but the foos at UDN only gave out skeletons in max 9. for UT3

Seeing my contemp for max yet?
    or UDN not sure who to not-like more.
    Not sure about max plug-ins and os bit depth, but i have all these files as .xsi (crosswalk), .fbx, and .dae(collada) if you'd like to try them in another program. I'm feeling your pain right now, running maya 2k8 64 bit and UEDs collada import (at least from a maya export) is finicky at best and crashy at worse. . .good times!

Anywayzz, PM me with an email address if you'd like me to send you one of the other formats.
    Technical Artist - 106th ODST Division, Fireteam Tango Alpha Echo

Question Question...

I have modelled my first model for UT using Maya 8.0.
    I'd like to put it in the game.

I need to UVMap it first, rig it with a skeleton, and put it in the game...
    Anyone knows where I could find VTM's for that? I would buy it if neccessary.

UVmapping, rigging, and importing to unrealED...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Tigersan; 01-14-2008 at 06:00 PM.

I would recommend picking up the Mastering Unreal Technology book, it has a great section on that. It was written for UT2K3-4, so once you get your asset into the editor it probably doesn't apply a whole lot, but the actual creation and export/import detailed in the book are still fairly applicable.

Alternately, you can check here:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/SkeletalAnimation.html

Again, this is all UE2/2.5 stuff, but still fairly useable. Probably one of the biggest hurdles you'll have is applying materials, but the mat editor in UE3 is pretty intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by djtomservo View Post
    Probably one of the biggest hurdles you'll have is applying materials, but the mat editor in UE3 is pretty intuitive.
    U mean UV mapping in UED ? i got original pack of Unreal Tournament 3 with Training DVD on UED will that cover rigging and mapping the character mesh as well ?

The Materials video on the bonus content dvd might be helpful, but the rest of it is more aimed at level designers and machinima makers. The UDN stuff and the book are probably better resources for character artists/animators.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415