Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    after a small break from workin on it... i think the Blender PSK and PSA script will be ready before the next release... it's currently evolving quickly, and should be ready.

dear unrealians

after having a problem with Maya 6's trax editor we retrograded to maya 5.

but i just cant download UT2004pluginforMaya5.0 from UDN. Somehow they are not available for download. If you have that plugin please let me know..I dont get it , I have downloaded same plugin for maya 6, couple of weeks ago...

best

Yep...the downloads are now username/password protected for some reason. Since it seems you are using commercial versions of Maya, I would recommend downloading ActorX instead. It actually provides more functionality than the Maya complete plugins and the download for it is not username/password protected. As I can't see why these would be off limits, it may just be a mistake that will be fixed soon. Using ActorX will allow you to keep working until they fix the problem.

Edit: I sent them an email letting them know about it in case it is just a mistake.
    Last edited by ffejnosliw; 04-24-2005 at 04:32 PM.

With Maya 6.5 is there any way to use unEditor or is there another plugin (like ActorX) that provides the same functionality?

You can use ActorX with the commercial version of Maya 6.5. It says it is a beta version of the plugin so there may be some bugs, though. There is a link in the first post in this thread to the ActorX page. Download it and the .dll just in case and don't forget to read through the tutorial as well.

Angry having issues with the unEditor.mll plugin

ok ill try and explain this as best as possible to get the best help from anyone that i can. I just recently got maya 5.0 PLE installed and watched the VTMs and became familiar with it enuf to use it. the problem is that everytime i try and do the command "unEditor mesh setx" it comes back with unEditor being and unknown procedure of the program. i followed the directions of placing my system folder directory in the path under environmental variables. i have also tried having the plugin in the the default directory where it installs it to which is under docs and settings blah blah blah and ive also had it directly in the maya 5 plugin folder that is with the rest of the program files that were installed with maya 5. this is what the path string says under environmental variable before i add my system folder location: D:\UT2004\system;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\maya\5.0PLE\libraries;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\maya\5.0PLE\libraries;D:\maya 5 PLE\bin

and this is what is reads after i add it in: D:\UT2004\system;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\maya\5.0PLE\libraries;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\maya\5.0PLE\libraries;D:\maya 5 PLE\bin;d:\UT2004\System

i also tried to d/l the actorX plugin but unfortuneately there was not a vesrion made for the PLE

i bought UT2004 the dvd version when it 1st came out so its the OG build. since then i have installed the latest version and have added in the ECE bonus pack that was released awhile back.

im running a N2U400-A motherboard with 512 MB ram and i have a athlon xp 2500+ CPU with a geforce FX 5200 with 256 MB of ram
    my operating system is windows 2000 professional service pack 4

1 thing i did notice while i was watching the VTms to learn how maya worked is that they were using the UT2003 editor and im not sure if the maya they were using was 5.0 PLE or if it was a previous version. not sure how relavent that is but its an indiscrepancy that i noticed. another thing i noticed while watching the VTMs is that their plugin list for maya PLE had only 2 others besides the unEditor.mll and with the maya 5.0 PLE that comes with UT2004 there is a whole list of different plugins that ill list here cuz it may matter for some reason or another: animimportexport.mll, clearcoat.mll, decomposematrix.mll, dwgtranslator.mll, lges.mll, ik2bsolver.mll, rotatehelper.mll, studioimport.mll

so if ne1 can help me out plz do i would appreciate it a whole lot...thnx

well, i have a small update, the exporter works for me ... the problem is that i am working on fixing the bone orientation issues... i should be done in a few weeks if i don't hit any major snags.

Maya rigs

I have augmented the male skeleton which was used for the UT2004 DVD vtms, to work with the animations for the bot, human female, alien, and juggernaut characters in Maya. They have some very minor rotational discrepencies but nothing noticeable when tested in the Unreal Editor. I'm grateful for this site as its been very helpful as I started to make some new meshes to play with at home. I'd like to upload them and would like to know what format would be the most helpful for other Maya users. I made the changes in Maya 6.

I would save them all in .ma format. That way people using older versions of Maya or Maya PLE can edit the file in a text editor so it can be opened in their version of Maya.

5 skeletal rigs for use in Maya saved in .ma format The alien, human male/female, bot, and juggernaut.

[Edit]
    I've found and created a rig for the Skaarj character. I've updated the zip file with the skaarj rig added. Thus 6 rigs.

*Note that I have only tested the bot and female rigs in-game. The others were only tested in unreal editor.

**Please note that I've found a problem with the bone naming, in that there are bones other than Bone_Weapon that have underscores in them for all except the juggernaut and human male rigs. The female and bot rigs are seemingly unaffected as far as I've noticed. What you'll notice is that by exporting with the export plug-in and changing underscores to spaces that the dread locks will not animate for the skaarj. For the alien, since the middle group of tentacles uses underscores, you can rig the left and right cluster of tentacles to the middle one. You will only notice that you're missing the subtle "spreading" animations of the outer group of tentacles.
    If there is a way to export and selectively choose which bones are renamed with underscores to spaces, then the dreadlocks should animate properly.
    [end edit]

I hope this helps for maya users looking to create custom meshes based on the animations.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tendo3d; 07-25-2005 at 01:31 PM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast