Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Has anyone tried the Blender exporter on that German site? I know one of our own is working on an improved one, but does the existing script work?

Yes, and it works, it exports the static meshes perfectly, but i have a few notes on that for you...

1. you haft to have your model triangulated
    2. you haft to have done your uv mapping.
    3. you must have at least 1 material, but 2 are supported.
    4. you can have smoothing groups.

Export-Plugin for Cinema 4d

for Cinema 4D there is also an export-plugin (only static meshes):

website-link:

www.remotion.de.vu

...and it works

thx, remotion !!!

Chris

Thanks for the update, Chris_O. I have added the link to the first post as well.

the psk export script is nearly finished, i just need someone to lend me a simple rigged, multiple texture, and smoothed model.

note: on my script it requires that every vertex have an bone influence, so do it by hand, adding each one... and also, bone influence is out of my realm of knowledge, but i did add bone weight to it, and the script automatically scales any model up 100x because of how small models are in blender.

as a summery, i need a model that has to utilize most of what people would use for modeling a character in unreal based games. . oh, and an extra file including animation would not hurt, because with that i can start working on the psa exporter.

Okay, forgive a noob for his ignorance, but I'm having difficulty with the unEditor plguin.

For reference, I'm using Maya Unlimited 5.0

Whenever I try to load the plugin it says "The specified procedure could not be found." I've already gone into the 'path' for my system variables and fixed that... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just to clarify, you should be using the Maya complete plugin for Maya 5. Run the installation, load the plugin in the plugin manager, the type in these two commands:

source UT2004Export.mel;
    UT2004Export;

That should build the shelf for the plugin. There have been people who had problems getting the Maya complete plugins to work in the plast. You can always use actorX if you have problems with the uneditor plugin.

Edit: Make sure you read through the help file that is in the My Ducuments->Maya->5.0->Docs->UT2004 Help folder. Everything is explained in depth.
    Last edited by ffejnosliw; 11-22-2004 at 01:25 PM.

Hey,

Thanks for your help. I got the shelf up, but it doesn't do anything. It just says:

"Error: Plugin did not load. Please check if plugin exists within MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH."

I have unEditor.mll in my Maya5.0\bin\plug-ins folder and it shows up in the plug-in manager; it just won't load.

I was able to use ActorX to export an .ase file, but I'm not sure how to import that into the Unreal Editor. I tried to open it through the open package, but that just repeatedly crashed the program...

To import an .ase file, go to the file menu in the Static Mesh browser and choose import. Then select your .ase file. You should import your textures first so they will be automatically assigned to the mesh when it is imported. You can always import and assign them afterwards, though.

Alright, got my stuff imported. Thanks a bunch.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast