Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    I am using that Blender psk and Psa script to export a skeletalmesh.
    Using Blender 2.41 on WinXP
    First "bug" was, that I had to creat a folder C: pskexport (I thought it will create that by itself)

Now the mesh is alright, also appearing in AnimBrowser of UT2004

But I have problems with the psa.
    First of all I had to create a folder C: edit the script
    and the file has the name: no filename given.psa
    I do not know where to change this names in the exportprocess.
    UT2004 Editor has the known bug, that it does not like import from folders with space, so as it was not working, I renamed the psa file and put it in another folder.
    Now I can import it, also the correct names of the actions and theirframelength appearing in the animbrowser, but if I link up mesh+anim, the mesh does not move, it seems, the keyframes are not imported correctly ????
    I used a skeleton with only fk and one with ik, but always the same, there are bones with offsets in it, I used the armaturemodifier and did not parent the armature to the mesh (as this is not necessary in Blender anymore, but I might try that, perhaps thats the "mistake").
    Any other ideas?....

Chavezut, what's a problem? Maybe you simply use 3dsMAX/MAYA + ActorX Plugin? There is all that you need. And what is it "Blender"?

If the mesh does not move, there two ways:
    1) Bones hierarchy of the model(PSK) differs from hierarchy in animation sequences. Maybe you deleted some used bones or changed names of those.
    2) UEd can be a tad flakey with linking animations... but generally if you hit the play button and reselect the animations a couple of times it'll work

I never have problems with maya and actor X.
    But I am triying to only use blender for my 3d work (cause it is opensource and I have no commercial licence of maya).
    But I already guess what my error is, I just used the envelope feature of Blender, not the vertexgroup, just baking the envelope to vertexgroups...

I wrote a little tutorial how to use the mentioned scripts for skeletal Animations Export from Blender2UED.
    You can find it here:
    http://www.unrealed.eu/viewtopic.php?t=302

It is in German, if there is interest, I can translate it to English,too.

much help thank you

Maya 7

Does anyone have the UEd exporter plugin for Maya 7 (non-PLE) edition? I tried installing the PLE plugins and it's telling me that it can't find maya 7PLE installed

To the guy above:
    ActorX for Maya 7 is at the UDN website here.

Jeff could you please update the first post, to show the new plugins?

Has anyone got the ActorX exporter to work in Maya 8.5? Updated recently and the plugin refuses to load as per the following error:

// Error: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

This is a clean maya install on a recently formatted machine.

I run maya 8.5 and the exporter worked without no hassle at all.
    (downloaded the 8.5 verison of the exporter from here:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/rsrc/Tw...Maya85_244.zip

I run a clean install 32bit under Windows Xp.

Do anyone know of a good unreal (.psa) to directX (.x) working converter for both static and animated meshes?
    Last edited by Hellbound_SC; 05-29-2007 at 02:11 PM.

Try MilkShape3D maybe it helps to convert that. I know it works with .psk (.psx) but not try a .psa

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast