Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by W. A. Studios
    Those are the actorX plug-ins... what about the Full unEditor.mll export shelf for Maya 7 Complete|Unlimited?
    http://www.udn.epicgames.com/Two/MayaCompletePlugins

looks like so far its just plug-ins for 5 and 6 complete.
    Technical Artist - 106th ODST Division, Fireteam Tango Alpha Echo

thats interesting that they took the full version off and replaced it w/ the PLE version
    Aint that some ...

So does anyone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by vaddi
    The used mesh have only 1000 vertices , maybe theres a bug in the script.
    Hi vaddi,

I added some checks to the script that shall help locate the object or script part causing the error. The other functionality is still the same, including that the script will still fail on that particular mesh - but this time it might be more specific in telling us why.

Please try the attached script version on your mesh. It will show up in the Export menu as 'Blender2PSK_Diag' and has a different filename than the original one, so there should be no conflicts.

The console output of the script should end like this:
    "
    Export failed.
    Warnings (repeated):
    Cannot pack ...
    "
    followed by the error message and traceback you already know.

Those "Cannot pack" lines are the ones of interest. Please post them or send me a PM. Or even better, show me all output that follows "Export failed".

Thanks for your interest and assistance.

Bye
    Martin

Edit: I have updated the script with an attempt to fix the error. Based on feedback from vaddi, I guess there may be cases when Blender vertex indices do not range from 0 to (number of vertices - 1) as usual.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sqrt77; 03-11-2006 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Update Attachment

Lightwave PSK PSA plugins

The Lightwave plugins found at http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Lwo2psk do work. Just tested them with Lightwave 9 beta.

The following import/export plugin gave me a little trouble. It imports fine but when I export it gives me an upside down skeleton inside Unrealed.

http://www.troggpond.com/lwtools/index.html
    select the "LW7 Compatible Plugins" to download.

Bottom line is that both sets of plugins together should be a workable combination for importing and exporting PSK/PSA files.

Clinton

What about for Maya 7?

In the first post the very first section is labeled:
    ActorX - for Max 3.1-8.0 & Maya 3.0-7.0 & XSI 4.0-4.2
    Follow the link in that section to download ActorX. There is a link to the tutorial on how to use it as well.

Hi guys,

I'm new to 3D buzz; first post!

Anyway, I am trying to load the unreal export plugins onto my version of Maya PLE 6.0. Can someone give me full instruction about where to put the plugin/dll and how to execute the export (ie: is it a script or is it a plugin).

Also, what format oes it export to?

Quote Originally Posted by fneep
    Hi guys,

I'm new to 3D buzz; first post!

Anyway, I am trying to load the unreal export plugins onto my version of Maya PLE 6.0. Can someone give me full instruction about where to put the plugin/dll and how to execute the export (ie: is it a script or is it a plugin).

Also, what format oes it export to?
    Edit: Almost forgot...Welcome to 3DBuzz!

There is no exporter for May 6.0 PLE, only for Maya 5.0 PLE and 7.0 PLE. You need one of those two versions of the PLE to be able to export to Unreal. Once you have the correct version of the pLE and the correct plugin for that version, install the plugin and then go to "My Documents\maya\[your Maya version]\docs\" and there will be a help file that explains setting up the plugin and its use as well. The plugin does not export to any file format. It exports directly into the editor.

Ahh, I think i was confused. What I was aiming to do was use this plugin to get PLE models out of PLE and into one of the formats that Milkshape (and its Unreal imports) can read. So is it possible to put the models into the editor and then take them out in a 3d format. (I have 7.0 PLE aswell if I need it)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast