Problem Exporting PSK from Maya 5 with ActorX

I'm trying to get this crazy item to export with absolutely no luck. I exported the PSA file no problem, but when I use AXMAIN to try and export the mesh, I get this error:

"No valid skin triangles digested(mesh may lack proper mapping or valid linkups)"

The mesh has been rigged with a skeleton, including several bones with custom names, and I have done a Rigid Bind of the skeleton to the mesh. Other than that it's a normal mesh that I am hoping to use in an SVehicle.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jason

Is the mesh triangulated?

Maybe a quick run through of http://udn.epicgames.com/Content/ActorXMayaTutorial to see if you missed any essential step?
    Forget the username, call me Keith

Yeah, it's fully triangulated and I've been poring over the tutorial over and over. Whatever it is I'm missing, I'm lost as to what it is. At first I thought sure it was the skeleton, since I tried it with 3 independent bones, but I've since built a whole skelton for the silly thing and attached it, but still no luck.

Ack!

Jason

The exporter only accepts a *smooth* bind...
    Mostly Human since '74

BINGO, Keezer hits it on the nose! Thank you SO much.

Jason

You're welcome! It's one of those things that's dead easy to overlook.
    Mostly Human since '74

Yeah it is. As I learn this awesome software I'm thinking to myself that I should make tutorials that specifically focus on these "easy" questions. The trouble I often find with better tutorials by more experienced people is that they often overlook those small items, and for us n00bs that can mean the difference between success or failure because we often don't know the right questions to ask.

Perhaps I could put these up at the Ugly Baby Studios site and call it the "Dead-Easy Overlook" tutorial series

Jason

There's always room for more tutorials! I'd say go for it!
    Mostly Human since '74

There's this tutorial written by a 3DBuzz member, jeffro864: http://www.jeffparrott.com/mayaut2k3_01.html
    Forget the username, call me Keith