Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vehicle: M3

Here's the wireframe.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 01-08-2004 at 09:18 PM.

Woops
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b-wireframe.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	20019  

Great modelling. I just think the tires should be a little thicker, and are you going to add the M3 badge to the rear?

Originally posted by woodicw
    Great modelling. I just think the tires should be a little thicker, and are you going to add the M3 badge to the rear?
    Thanks Woodicw. I intentionally toke off the badge to keep the car low profile

Question what is ....?

Excuse my ignorance but you said:

I tried to make decent render without using GI, plug-in, and hdri. They were rendered with default scanline. I~{!/~}ll post the GI~{!/~}s versions once the render is done. what is GI, hdri? and what plug were you refering to using? oh by the way I sent you an Message (PM) when you have time could you answer it. thanks

B.W.

Last edited by knight_thrasher; 01-09-2004 at 04:04 AM.
    Obedience brings victory and victory is life......

Looking Good!
    "For once maybe someone will call me sir without adding your making a scene." Homer J Simpson

Re: what is ....?

Originally posted by knight_thrasher

I tried to make decent render without using GI, plug-in, and hdri. They were rendered with default scanline. I~{!/~}ll post the GI~{!/~}s versions once the render is done. what is GI, hdri? and what plug were you refering to using? oh by the way I sent you an Message (PM) when you have time could you answer it. thanks

B.W.

GI is global illumination.Global Illumination is a technique to render a scene so that all objects receive a light from every angle. This is used to show extra detail in models that normal light setups cannot show. HDRI is a high dynamic range image. It contains color and intensity settings. So you can light a scene using just an hdri image as a background. Both of these are features found in some third party renderers like Brazil and Mental Ray in max 6.

Re: what is ....?

Originally posted by knight_thrasher

... ... what is GI, hdri? and what plug were you refering to using? oh by the way I sent you an Message (PM) when you have time could you answer it. thanks

B.W.

I've sent you a PM, knight_thrasher
    GI -- Global Illumination
    Plug-ins -- such as Brazil, Vray, and FinalRender. I use fR.
    HDRI -- is High Dynamic Range Imaging.

I'm curious, what program are you using?

Looks brilliant! I've just got into 3d modelling (roughly 3 days ago), but having previous experience with Quake 3 mapping helped suprisingly. I've been trying to model cars, and with buzz's tutorials it's a lot easier to see how to do things. It took me an hour to make a wheel arch earlier but i'm getting there slowly! How long has it taken you to get to that stage with the M3?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12