Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Updated Mastering Unreal Technology

Hey, does anyone know if there's going to be an Updated Mastering Unreal Technology book in the near future covering all the new features of the Unreal 3 technology?

I know the book is pretty new (came out 2 years after ut2k3), but I hope it won't be updated 2 years after the new engine is commercially available.

Any buddy know anything??

buzz and the gang are still under an NDA(i think)

NDA - Non Disclosure Agreement
    Aint that some ...

Yeah...does anybody out there know anything about this?

Oh, wait...that would be me.

There will be books for UE3. There is a BuzzTV show where Buzz and Zak talk a little about them, but we can't really go into detail at this point (mainly because of the large men in black suits from Epic standing behind me). You can rest assured it is in the works though.

sweet, thanks for the news guys. I really appreciate the response, especially so swiftly. Basically I'm working on my Honours project for University here in Britain and I'd like to make something that could be exported straight to one of the Unreal3 based games so i could use it as a showcase piece. I got the original Mastering Unreal Tech book yesterday (quarter way through it now) and I'm like a monster, i need more!

i dont imagine that little bit of info you/they can talk about would include a really rough eta on the book(s)? (or maybe some VTMs)

maybe you can pull your ear to suggest less than 6 months, make quacking noises to suggest less than a year, or poke your eye to suggest more than that?

This academic year starts in a few weeks, the dev time is pretty short, as is the following practical time, so I'm trying to work on it as much as I can before then.

(maybe if anyone knows someone who could point me in the right direction for how to make the new content (and the conformities of it) not supported in the current builds of Ued (parrallax mapping, etc) - then i could at least build it all, making sure it all conforms to the standards set out for the map to run in the U3 engine - then i can just export it and hopefully, something that could run it will be about for my degree show later in the year)

I'd like to make a map that uses the Unreal strain of engines, and a newer one would let me explore immerging techniques and show off that i'm quick to adapt, and im already familliar with the new grade arsenal.
    Last edited by Mags42; 08-18-2006 at 02:17 PM.

I'll be all over that when it comes out, and I'll surely be waiting in line for UT2K7 (if necessary)

Quote Originally Posted by ffejnosliw
    large men in black suits from Epic standing behind me...
    I can hear the "whir-whir" of impact hammers as you type...

I think everyone is going to be like a little kid in a candy store when this comes out.

jeff, do those guys in black suits follow you around or something

Quote Originally Posted by goober_CP
    jeff, do those guys in black suits follow you around or something

Shhh...they get a trigger happy when you talk about them.

So there aren't even any content guidelines released?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast