Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi im new to UT2k3. I come from the TFC community accociated with the good old game Halflife. I came across this game by someone from my community telling us about the new UNF2k3 (TFC MOD for UT2k3) that is soon coming out. I saw some pictures of the maps created in this stunnin engine and i thought i would love to learn UnrealED and start imitating the TFC maps for UNF2k3. Now iv been making maps in halflife for 3 years and iv been using lightwave for a year now so im no newbie to mapping/modeling/3d stuff
    Whats the best way to start learning this program ? Tutorials ? vidoes? or both ? :P Any advise is welcome too

Welcom to 3dbuzz.com!

for your question why did you come here? Your at the best place to learn right here! just go to the video training section and get some VTM's and there you go! otherwise udn.epicgames.com for tuts

I did make guides, but they all suck so screw it. Also, rsjrv99 is my old name and the name I use everywhere else but here.

Welcome to 3D Buzz!

The vtms should help you in your conversion to unreal tournament map making. They're worth watching.
    Forget the username, call me Keith

Yeah just start out with VTM's, experiment yourself and read as much tutorials as you can. Get to know the basics of the editor and you shouldn't have to many problems with it. Cheers and welcome.

Hey mate! welcome to the site, if you need anything pm me!
    Complaining is like a rocking chair, It's fun for a while but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Welcome
    You couldn't have found a better place
    for videos and tuts and just the amount of talent
    that frequents these forums ( I dont include myself in that
    last bit as Im learning to)is truly awesome .

btw- as ph0ny stated earler "pm me" that means private message me.

You got to say these things ph0ny, i bet you wouldnt know what to do if i walked up to you and said "bmg". what does that mean you would say. it means buy me grinder! no really, bmg now!!! jk

I did make guides, but they all suck so screw it. Also, rsjrv99 is my old name and the name I use everywhere else but here.

Thanks guys, been watching the vidoes, they have been very helpful

And lol dont worry rsjrv99, I knew what PM stood for ;-)