Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Are members of 3DBuzz going to receive emails about the books release dates and will we have first dibs on purchasing them? I am very very interested. Books would be awesome. Will the website store be the only supplier? That is enough questions. Books awesome. I am interested, enough said

what about pre orders???

As we start getting close to completion... I'll keep you guys informed

BuZZ

Originally posted by busbyj
    They should be REALLY nice... each running 1000+ pages and containing DVDs with some VERY cool stuff I'm no allowed to say what yet

Let's just say that Epic is REALLY thinking about the mod makers.

BuZZ
    when can i preorder!? this sounds AWESOME buzz and i can't WAIT to see them, and i bet there'll be a little ut2004 on one of those, can't wait! o yea, and if we preorder, can we get a t shirt? (kinda like that vacation cd? i never pre ordered in time to get hte shirt and i haven't found a way to buy one)
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

dj_inferno: Didn't Nuke say he'll sell you his shirt?

Red face workflow streamline

I hope the book is able to help with speeding up the workflow or at least make it less confusing. I've been dealing with char transfer out of Maya and it seems nearly impossible to do without transferring into motionbuilder (for animating or BIP files appended as shown in the Matinee VTMs) and the back to maya to actorX it into unreal Ed.
    I was under the impression (from the 3D world UT2k3 issue) that once your characters were modeled and jointed they could be imported into the editor and just reuse the default animations from humanMaleA or whatever closely resembles your model, they used 3dsmax for the examples. This method surely streamlines the proces as opposed to having to manually do like 70 separate animations for the ingame defualts.
    Maybe its me but Epic must have had a deal with Alias to bundle the PLE with the game cause most of the online tutorials favor Max and the process seems much easier (I use Maya however). Im hoping for Buzz and crew to finish the UT2k3 Character/unrealED VTMs just to see it actually done correctly.
    Finally on the whole the process is extremely satisfing once you see your stuff in game, but I'd have paid extra to have bought the editor with a manual or a well documented CD pdf. Throwing the editor in with the game as is (there are many instabilities and bugs with the editor)seems like an afterthought on Epics part, then have to surf thru dozens of websites to find some answers dosen't encourage new modders. Luckily 3dbuzz is here and provides some answers in a some what murky instructional scene, Thanks Buzz.

Is it okay to love someone you never met?

In a heterosexual kind of way that is...

Buzz, you are the kind of person that makes the internet cool!

I am so looking forward to each little tidbit of info that Buzz tosses out there. Buzz is one man who will definately leave his mark on this earth!! Teachers are my favorite people!

Gos

pff BUYING this book? What happened to the education should be free attitude.

<slams his head against the wall>
    <repeats above mentioned process about 58 times>

nah jk, I'm really looking forward to this. I love having something like to read when I'm bored and on the bus to school. Even if it isn't exactly the field I'm interested in. Will this be available in normal bookstores around the world or is a exclusive here on 3dbuzz? Shipping from America is expensive for poor students...
    Technical Artist at LuGus Studios
    www.lugus-studios.be

nielsVaes.be

I'd love to be wrong on this one, but I think bookstores won't carry it as a "regular" book. (Think Harry Potter.) But I don think you could order it from your regular bookstore. I ssupect it'll be available from the BuZZ store and possibly Amazon as well. I just hope BuZZ doesn't end up having to charge more than amazon due to amazon being able to buy in bulk. (As happened with BuZZ's older book.)

Originally posted by goslin23
    Teachers are my favorite people!
    Should be:

Originally posted by goslin23
    Some teachers are my favorite people!
    hehe

BuZZ: I seriously don't know how you do it. Your a master at like all the 3d packages, Quake and Unreal and who knows what else...

Prolly have a computer brain or something... I dunno.

Can't wait for the book it will surly be on my Christmas List.

-MVP
    --Level Designer
    ---Bad Coder
    ----Modeler (MAX)
    -----Best Gamer in teh Universe...(Pokes Logan)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast