Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tell me what you think :)

This is my first flash movie, and I am still a beginer to Flash. This is going to be a website intro for a clan that I am in that plays a game called Battlefield 1942 which is World WarII game. I am open for tips, just remeber I dont know how to do alot of amazing things with flash, so dont be to hard on me. http://www.geocities.com/americanbowtie71/UTIntro2.html

nice intro try moving the text in the loading bar under it

Looks good, but the friendship honor bit moves too slow.

Your site has so much class! I mean its the most awesome spectacular thing Ive ever seen. Its the most spectacular awesome thing I ever seen
    Last edited by cnl83; 02-18-2004 at 08:47 AM.

Don't listen to that jerk off... Your flash intro was very well built. There are some things you could improve on though. First off, for future projects you should try and use higher quality images. Most people don't realize this, but Flash optimizes images itself. So if you optimize the image to near the point of pixelization in Photoshop then it will look all pixelized when you export it as an swf in flash. Also, if you are using anything less than 24 frames per second... STOP IT! lol The faster your framerate, the more fluid your animations will be. Other than that I just have to say keep at it. Your work can only get better and better. Don't let some guy with 2 posts and a second-rate website that him and his team of friends put together get you thinking less of your work. In one years time if you were to invest in a couple of flash books, and build lots of stuff in flash then you'd be doing stuff that would make most people on these forums drool.

Dude who you calling a jerk off? Im a Flash certified Devevloper, who and his developed, stomp out guys like you that dont know a thing. Yeah, I only have 2 posts on this forum, but im a senior developer who can make a web site literally come out and whoop ya like ya moma! 2nd rate web site...pah! Whatever you say pal....
    P.S. Flash doesnt optimize unless you set it to optimize...now most people dont know this, but they got a lot of know it alls who dont even know how to wipe right! RASH!

$hAwNzEr sorry for being so rough...but it wasnt that good...
    X667..I Love you man..

Hey

Everybody starts off. Everybody was a n00by sometime. So why dont you guys just cool it down, everybody maakes mistakes, thats why the forum is here for. TO HELP PEOPLE. So that you can improve your work, get tips.

and $hAwNzEr. Nice startoff, it is true that you can stop flash from compressing the movie. I think that it is under the Publish Settings, Flash, Compress Movie. This one stops ALL the Compressing, I wouldn't recommend this one, It makes the .swf too big.

If you imported an image into you Libary, Right Click on it, and then Click Properties, There You should find some information about the picture, and then a check box, that says Allow Smoothing

And then in the Publish Settings, under Flash, there is a part called JPEG Quality. You can slide the bar from 0 to 100.

Sound
    But there you have three ways that to control how it compresses the sound. You can click on Publish, Flash, there you have Audio Stream and Audio Event, in the bottom, Then you just have to click on Set, and there you can control everything.

And the two other ways are here. They are both in the Libary. Right Click on the Sound File, and then you can click on Properties or Export Settings, both work.

And all this is in Flash MX. You will only see these settings if you have a Image and a Sound Filein the Flash Movie for the Publish Setting to work, and if you want it to work in the libary, then you need the files imported to the Libary

Try to make your text effects stay on the screen untill they fade out. If they get cut off by the sides of the movie then they just look weird.

For a first Flash movie, I think it looks pretty good. The animation and timing for the most part is pretty nice. There are some sections I do not like. For instance, I do not like the way you have some of the elements come into the frame and leave. You should stagger them a bit. The part I'm referring to is the tanks, or Armor class. Maybe have them come in one at a time, instead of flying in like they do. It just doesn't look right when watching it.

I don't normally do this, but I do not think that cnl83's post was very helpful. He may be a good designer, but his post was of no help. I would think that someone who is a senior developer with all of his skills could say something more beneficial to someone's first animation than it was something of horror. For instance, Why was it somethign of horror? What made you cringe? What would you suggest for this person to make it better.

Basically, if you don't like something, that is fine, but try to help someone rather than berate them in a useless post. This forum isn't a challenge arena where you have to watch out for someone taking your job. Ease up, help out and we can all grow together.

snorthul very well said and these should be taken as golden words of the 3dbuzz mentality.$hAwNzEr
    good start. im going to assume you mean this is the first flash movie you are thinking about leashing on the public. on that note heres my crits and comments. the first thing is the old scratched film effect 1 needs to be lighter second the vertical bar shouldnt be so prevelent may be cut its use in half. next perhaps the title spin in should be a bit faster imo. i also agree that maybe you should take all the images break them up and stager there alpha fade in. and finally you may want to try and change the color of the friendship honor community when it zoom fades. just a thought. all and all a good start.
    as for cnl83 is this your entry as your work as a certified dev. of flash http://www.actionfx.net/ I'm just interested to know if you feel that site entitles you to dog another aspiring flash user. I'll hold off on my comments on it till i hear from you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast