Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

must i watch dl queue

So far I have downloaded 1 VTM. I was something like 40th in line and my dl started almost immediately. The notice came up that I had 10 minutes to to start the dl or i would be removed from the queue.( Or words to that effect)

1) does that mean that a download can begin even if I'm not at the top of the list?

2) Do i have to watch the queue until I am at the top of the list or risk losing my spot if I miss my chance to download?
    Last edited by lewtios; 06-10-2003 at 11:24 PM.

You have to click the download link before the 10 minutes is up or you will be waiting in line all over again.

since i only have a few (4) posts and there always seem to be people with more ahead of me, does that mean i have to wait until nobody with more than 4 wants that download before i can download?

well you have 5 know

no i belive that you are just entered into the que(its like a line) and you just move up from there. from what i understand

lewtios: (1) The queue moves pretty fast, I take it? You generally have to be at the top of the list to start your download... I think. Some of the people at the top are already downloading though. not all (usually while downloading you are removed from the list).

(2) If you don't download within the 10 minutes you are put back into the queue and have to wait again.

saintslayer: Actually, for now, it goes by post count. The more helpful you are on the site the higher up you are. People can enter the line in front of you! HOWEVER, people who spam the forum to boost their priority wil have these posts deleted and possibly their account banned.

queue

I think to base the download queue only on the number of posts is suboptimal. As a newbie you have 0 posts. Consequently, you newer get to the top of the queue.

Actually, yes they do. And the queue is usually quite empty only since the contest bagan and the TechTV plug has it been so full.

Also, a new method is in the works, but it is still a while off.

queue

When I logged on to download there were 164 waiting to download and it took about 20 minutes, checked in a lot to see my progress but it seemed the name over me changed...did they just drop out or did they jump ahead? It is definitely worth the wait no matter what, this is the most awesome site I have ever seen and I am going to pass the word on!

davisonmom: They might have jumped ahead. (By posting.) Or they mighthave just decided to try again later.

It seems to start your download at seemingly random times. I was moving down the list(from like 16-20) and I got to dl it, and I was never in the top 15 on the list.
    ~Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast