Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#9, but still going strong for the clan

www.deathlords.tk

ok, well, this is my ninth layout, and because of this, its only working links are home and forum, lol, but i just wanted to get feedback on that design. and a critique on color choice for a clan named Death Lords. Thanks

The color scheme works, at least with the topic at hand (deathlords).

If you're in a clan you might want to consider a logo or emblem, something that when people see it they know where you're from.

Question

What are the Death Lords? If you could have some kind of logo, etc to help better ID you.

bud
    www.sovac.org
    www.pulmonaryhelp.com

Quiet the site down..It will appeal to more visitors.

well, i gotta say, what do ya mean quiet it down? i am not disagreeing, i just don't see where your going, and isn't the firery logo at the top that has our clan moto and logo on it a dewad give away as a logo/emblem? and i am sorry, i see a bunch of mistakes, and i haven't had a chance to update them, please don't get mad at me for all the spelling mistakes and everything, you can see what my friend made in photoshop that he thinks is how it should look. i just need help right now getting the members only asp written, and getting my damn iframes to properly work. i have remade this site so many times, the content isn't a problem, its just formating this so i don't have alot to do down the line, so i hope you guys can help me, i want this one to be the best!
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

ok, no one has said much...uh, but i would like to know, what do u guys think of my semi 3d deathlords at the right on the banner on the home.htm mentioned on the before post? i am about to start work on that page i think...i think layout is good, i am writing my asp for the members only right now, and i already got a couple of pages done, i just need to transfer what i got
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

Well, doesn't really fit with the rest of the site, do you plan on somehow carrying this semi-3d look to other elements on the site, if so , i'd be interested to see it.

I like it, the layout is good but I think some people may have problems with the colour sceme. I can read the text fine but maroon colour text on the black background would cause problems for some people.

The only other thing is the file size of your page banner, it's HUGE. I've just pulled a copy of it down to my machine and it's 495k, way too big. I've just converted it from a png (no good for web pages, they are too big due to the layers etc) to a gif and its size is now only 43.5 k, which loads much, much quicker. I also found the the text on the banner hard to read due to both size and colour. It is maybe too wide also, a fair few people still have their comps set up for 800*600 so I wouldn't have a banner wider than 760.

I have made a couple of changes to it to show what I mean. You can check it out at:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/niallwalsh/dl_top2.gif

Hope I have been some help...
    Last edited by nialls; 06-15-2003 at 01:03 PM.

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!! lol, they way i was thinking, i never thought of something like that, thanks, is it ok if i use it?

Of course you can, I did do it to help you out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast