Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey there,

I like the layout, its easy to navigate and simple to see, might want to check your links though, ive tried to access Rules, Member profiles, ranks, hall of fame, Join us and Diplomacy unfortunately they didnt go anywhere,

I have to admit I like the banners you have made in the Link us page, especially banner 2 kinda looks like a guitar playing demon from hell.... very cool

look forward to seeing more!
    from the crazy Kiwi, Macinz

Originally posted by nialls
    png (no good for web pages, they are too big due to the layers etc) to a gif and its size is now only 43.5 k, which loads much, much quicker.
    That's simply not true. I took his banner and reduced the color depth to 8bit (gif is 8bit too). I managed to reduce it to about 28KB in size. 9 out of 10 times Gif just can't compete with a properly compressed PNG.
    "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." --Douglas Adams

Originally posted by Macinz
    Hey there,

I like the layout, its easy to navigate and simple to see, might want to check your links though, ive tried to access Rules, Member profiles, ranks, hall of fame, Join us and Diplomacy unfortunately they didnt go anywhere,

I have to admit I like the banners you have made in the Link us page, especially banner 2 kinda looks like a guitar playing demon from hell.... very cool

look forward to seeing more!
    from the crazy Kiwi, Macinz
    In his defense, in his original post, he tells what links are working and which aren't.

Originally posted by jamesj
    That's simply not true. I took his banner and reduced the color depth to 8bit (gif is 8bit too). I managed to reduce it to about 28KB in size. 9 out of 10 times Gif just can't compete with a properly compressed PNG.
    Yeah your right, it is not true I lied . I basically said it to simplify my point; I wasn’t sure if he was aware of compression etc and thought it would be it would be easier to tell him to export images as gif and jpegs rather than go into compression etc.

I did get the gif down to about 27k as well though…

yea, lots of links don't work, cause i been busy fixing alot of asp, just members, the clan, and link us, i didn't put that pic in gif cause i wasn't done with it yet, i was still working on the layout....so well....i got one and i am gonna update it real soon, my asp is like soo hard though, so that may hold me back for a while...sry guys, i had to kick my co leader, so things aren't great for the clan either! and the members profiles i need help with, cause its gonna display info thats been given from the members in the members only section, so...help me!
    Please Visit our Friends at: 3D-Palace | Pixel Academy | CG Networks | MELScripting.com | Inferno3d | Ed Harriss
    � Always read the FAQs! Lounge FAQ | Main FAQ | Demondo's Revised FAQ | 3DSMax FAQ | Houdini Apprentice FAQ
    � Need a star? Be active! Read threads, post, make polls, and participate. I garuntee it's more rewarding when you try! More info here.
    � Don't forget to help spread the word about 3dbuzz anywhere you can...EXAMPLE OF SILLY IDEAS THAT HELP
    Help support the future of 3dbuzz by becoming a MEMBER SPONSOR. Thank you to our current member sponsors!

Originally posted by nialls
    Yeah your right, it is not true I lied .
    I never said you lied. I simply said that your blanket statement about PNGs was false (which it is).
    "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." --Douglas Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12