Angry Tinny Flash Sounds

Hey All,
    Im working on an animation in flash and have recorded some sound for it. The thing is if I play animation in flash (4) it sounds fine. Nice and clear. When I publish the animation and play it through the web the sound is tinny. Very bad quality. I went on the flash site and they said to try turning down the volume on the source file. Did that. Still sucky sound.

Any ideas?

-jmd97
    -jmd97

Not using flash 4 myself but,
    ain't there anywhere u can change the quality of the sound/music , might help ?

hi
    open library... click properties of the sound file used...
    change the compression to MP3...
    then change the kbps (sampling)... to a higher level... but not so much that the file size becomes too much...32-48kbps should do fine..

ignorance spreads lies;
    how much will money buy?
    Well I'll take my time,
    As I drift and die.

Or, more easily to change the quality of all your sounds.

Go to File>Publish Settings..

Then go to the 'Flash' tab. Here you see two things: Sound Stream and Sound Event. That's about how you've integrated your sound in your movie.

Click on one of the SET buttons, and change the presets.
    I've always liked these settings:
    Compression: MP3
    Stereo (so the little box is not vinked)
    Bit Rate: 24Kbps
    Quality: Best

Jeroen

i think, stereo often cost a lot of space with no effect!

so if you haven't some fades to the left or right speaker, i would prefer mono!!

Greetings Nomex!

It all depends on what kind of sounds you use. I usually make my own in stereo, and if you convert them to mono, you deffinately hear the difference.

You can see if a sound is already mono in flash by opening the Edit Envelope panel.(Select a frame with a sound in it and click on the Edit button.)

If both sound graphics are the same, the sound is mono. Mono means that it sends the same sound through the right as the left speaker. If you have Stereo sound, you can see that the upper graphic is a little different from the lower one.

Jeroen

yes, you hear a difference, but it's not large (i think large isn't the right word)

i make them most mono, because the size will reduze!! for my taste the music often equals if its mono or stereo!

damm i think nobody but me understands what i wrote!! sorry for bad english!

If you want to hear some sounds in flash, go to this site:

http://www.beverlybeat.nl

I made the flash version for them. Just go to the Services or Media section to hear some examples of them.

Jeroen