Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game in need of coders, not a mod, a GAME

Hey the ALtered State game needs coders.

The web site is www.planetunreal.com/AlteredState

Flash web site. Very cool. I'm on the team. i do the music.

anyway we need some TALENTED coders. Some one who has experience. If you need any help, or want me to give a word to the Project leader, or anything, e-mail me.

BobLoadmire@6kds.com

Peace

Post Might be willing to help!

What is the current state of the game?
    Do you have any coders now?

Is there a design document I can see?

What is your release schedule?

Thanks!
    Jess

Well, I'm not too talented, yet. But I could help with anything you guys need done, like testing or debugging or whatever.
    ~Tom

sweet site... very good mood setter and excellent music. I could help you out in some of the coding. I do have some experience but i am still learning as I go Along.

Altered State is a new video game that will utilize ut2003 technology featuring over 2000 new textures and 45 maps of combined single player mission oriented and multiplayer design this is a complete stand alone game rather than a modification or conversion of an existing game and is a project I hope can be a commercial game

Altered State is a project I have been working on for 3 years and is very much in the later stages of development I am now looking for other people who would like to work on finalizing the game ,the positions that are available
    are moddelers ,who would be working on the game models and also working on the games prefabs / decorations and also skilled coders who have the necessary skills to develop a working title these are the positions required but if you feel you have something special to add to the project outside of these positions then don't be afraid to get in touch. Though it is true that the other design areas have been mostly finished if you feel you have something interesting the game may be stretched to accommodate you.

I would like to stress that this is a game in its later stages of development and that those joining the project would not be wasting there work on a game that consists mainly of an idea and little to no actual content and then pimps for people to make them a game ,which I am well aware of exist in the community ,yes I have been suckered by those projects also. which is why I have worked on this game for so long to bring the game to a fully established position as a viable project. though I do intend this to be a commercial project I cannot offer payment until a publisher is found , when I get paid you get paid , if you catch my drift so I guess you should treat it as a total conversion till the game gets interested publishers.

If you are a person like me who thought that the gap was shortening between mods / TC and 'professional' games and thought hey I could bridge that gap then please contact me at the following address Dean Avanti

regards Dean Avanti project leader Altered State . - Avanti Vita Studios

what's it's only 350000$ that he will have to pay to licence the engine... and he has no publisher... ok tread it like a mod

anyway good luck

btw cheaper engine:

Torque Game Engine SDK $100.00 USD
    Torque Game Engine SDK Electronic Distribution via CVS Approx
    "i cant find belgian translator nowhere, closest thing is dutch"

i think that they are hopeing for a deal like the halflife based game. i forget hte name, but valve published the game for the people and they made the jump. so they could get a deal with epic/ atari depending on the quality of their product.

Sweet

K e-mail my Project leader for all of your questions. His e-mail on the web site. I don't know his e-mail cause we use a yahoo group, but its on the site somewhere.

Lightbulb Unreal Script/C++

Im going to guess that this is a mod at a curretn stage, until you can get someone from epic to state otherwise.

Anyways, i'm all into mods and stuff. I know C++ and UnrealScript, so I can code for you guys.

Based on your screenshots and content on your page, this looks like it could easily become something professional. Let's just hope gameplay does't fail after a bunch of work on looks

Anyways, as I said, i'd be willing to help you guys. You can PM me here, or you can contact me on AIM/Yahoo with the name BStoner05 and on MSN messenger with the email BStoner05@hotmail.com

I hope to talk to you guys soon

[edit]
    Also, I should let you know that I am currently working on something for the million dollar contest, so I will be busy with that, but wen its over, I can probably devote much time to your mod
    [/edit]

Leaders e-mail is

fallenangel@fallenangel.fsbusiness.co.uk

Now this is a professional grade game, and needs proffesional grade coders, novices need not apply.

i would love to make money but i am JUST getting into the mod scene. i wish i was more versed in UT coding...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast